Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember that well. I know what you're saying and obviously a bit of hyperbole because I'm so pissed off, but when we were shite I could accept it as the team was bad. This team on paper isn't that shit, plus it's a combination of raised expectations, sacking managers, getting knocked out of cups to shit teams, covid-19. It's a clusterfuck.
You’re absolutely right. Performance vs expectations this whole season have been an all time low in my 30+ years of watching us. Today we had the players on the pitch. But the performance was dreadful.

You are beyond fucking stupid if that is your genuine opinion. Davies and Dier were horrid this game, putrid. Kane scored 4 goals of which 3 were chalked off fairly or unfairly. He can't magic goals out of thin air when he has a bunch of absolute shit behind him who can't pass more than 10ft in front of them.
2 unfairly I'm but your point is valid. Comparing Kane's performance to the performances of those 2 cunts that literally gave up? Hilarious.

I can’t disagree but I think we should wait until the end of the year although tonight was a shambles

As in next Jan or you mean the end of this season?

I tend to think we either cut our loses in the summer or commit to a full season.... Another mid-season switch will wreck whatever remains of this squad and drive away any remnants of quality it has.

These are off the top of my head so I am likely missing some:

Not buying a back-up striker
Paying $60 million for ndombele
Paying $30 million for Sessegon
Not having a back-up RB or replacement Rb for Aurier
Not having a replacement LB for Rose or other option than Davies for LB
Not selling Eriksen soon enough
Buying Janssen
Buying Soldado
Buying Nkoudu
Buying njiang
Not paying to get Grealish
countless mistakes with the building of the new stadium\
furloughing workers
Juande ramos
Spending of the Bale money
Tim Sherwood as Manager
AVB
Louis Saha
No transfers during the summer
No transfers during the winter
Starting Sissoko
Signing Sissoko
Repeatedly not taking EL seriously
Repeatedly not taking League Cup seriously
Repeatedly not taking FA Cup seriously

You said 30 in the last FIVE years....

You failed badly.

That was embarrassing and disheartening

We’ve been embarrassed and disheartened at Bolton, Oldham, Newcastle, Brighton to name a few

Ghoulish

But we get up. dust off and go again. Till I die

What does José say at the next training session?

This blokes past it. I suspected it but over the time he has been here he has confirmed it. It's not about who available could do better, or that Poch had imploded. It's more fundamental, because he is simply not up to the rebuild. It will take imagination cunning and real tactical innovation. We have a side stuffed with the wrong balance of runners and too few footballers. That is the previous Coaching teams fault, but tell you what the subs today was like a teenager on a footie simulator. Totally unbalanced, and thoughtless. Not pulling Lucas or Son over Bergwin was plain dopey. I'd have pushed Son up to play alongside Kane to occupy their CB,pushed Locelso into the orthodox ten subbed Sissoko for Winks and taken Lucas off for Lamela. I'd have done it after 25 mins.

As in next Jan or you mean the end of this season?

I tend to think we either cut our loses in the summer or commit to a full season.... Another mid-season switch will wreck whatever remains of this squad and drive away any remnants of quality it has.

I agree about the mid season comment but I think he should be given until January to turn things round but it doesn’t look good at the moment

We came out early for the 2nd I was hoping they would be fired up. But no we just strolled through that half. If Jose isn’t going to bring stylish attacking football the lest he could do would be to make hard to beat be physical and have some fight. None of that on show. We were completely devoid of ideas. I keep saying you can’t play with 4 forwards all of stray into the middle and then only have 2 CMs one of which is sissoko, we should be like pool or city they play 3 forwards and 3 in midfield. Only 3 from Kane son berg Ali Lamela or Lucas not 4 . We need to bolster midfield and play creative players as well. I’d go with winks GLC and ndombele. Front 3 starters Kane son and berg or Ali. When we play them all we have too many bumblers and lose possesion or attack breaks down. Don’t think Jose is the man to take us forward we are level on points with Burnley. If we don’t get a result against Everton we dropping into bottom half. There is enough quality in the squad to get into top 5 but we need to show more ambition and stop playing players out of position and form. Berg win and Lamela play well against utd and are then benched for Ali and Moura who have done nothing. Then berg comes back today and he plays as a 10! They all got in each other’s way, no width and were too static. How er there is really only one player in GLC to provide any creativity. He can’t do it all so struggled. Shambles alround and the manger has ideas of turning it around even when he wanted all his attacking players back plus the tactical genius of having davies back! I want to see some fire in our play and tempo. Play 3 in CM and just 3 out of the 6 and sub them once they have put in a shift. Son Moura and Kane all played 90 mins today and for the most part offered nothing. Not withstanding Kane getting a goal .

I was going off the top of my head if you would like a more detailed list i can get that to you.

LOL at the BS failed badly part but if it makes you feel better.

You're talking gibberish..... Your hyperbolic nature just wrote a stupid cheque that your ass can't cash.....

You did fail.... And badly.

Not even a top 30 bad decision the club has made in the last 5 years.

We really are fucking shit, need massive massive investment this summer if we want to be a serious club. But you know what will happen, Mourinho will be forced to keep training Gedson Fernandes to play right back because Levy won’t spend a fucking penny

We really are fucking shit, need massive massive investment this summer if we want to be a serious club. But you know what will happen, Mourinho will be forced to keep training Gedson Fernandes to play right back because Levy won’t spend a fucking penny

Grow up.

You were in the camp that spent an entire summer '19 bleating the same shit. You were wrong then too.

Last edited:
So he was good for 4 seconds
I don't think you were trying to be funny but I was in bits after reading this. I don't even know why. I think it's just that you came up with the perfect mathematician's answer to football.

I mean, you're not even wrong. I don't know how to respond. Most people would say that a striker who scored 4 goals in a game (hypothetically) was doing a fantastic job regardless of anything else they did in the game. And your response is that he was only good for those 4 seconds that he spent kicking the ball into the net.

Amazing stuff! (Even more amazing when you consider that Kane was the only player to get a shot on target as far as I can remember)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom