Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having grown up on a stoic diet of us in the 90s, I honestly can say that this is possibly the most painful season I've endured. Literally can't wait til it's over.
December 1997. Coventry 4-0 Tottenham. After the dreadful season the year before, this was an absolute horror show. Yes, today was awful. But let’s not get carried away with the comparison. I was a STH then and there were literally no positives about that team or those couple of seasons.

I know what you're saying but it's not VAR - it's this ridiculous black and white fucking handball law. Absolute idiots who thought this one up. Handball was always about intention, now we are cancelling goals for inadvertent handballs and arm brushes. Worst rule change ever.
No it also the big toe offside. Son's goal against West Ham would have stood.
I don't think one W H player appealed!

December 1997. Coventry 4-0 Tottenham. After the dreadful season the year before, this was an absolute horror show. Yes, today was awful. But let’s not get carried away with the comparison. I was a STH then and there were literally no positives about that team or those couple of seasons.
And at the end we chanted "Your not fit to wear the shirts"

Odds
17/20 Spurs win
16/5 Blades win
12/5 Draw
DELE DROPPED

Says the obvious headlines, I think this is more of him showing the need for a quick counter attack against a team that he praised defensively

Dele holds onto the ball to much

Happy with the team tbh
[/QUOT
The bookies don’t give them a chance
2 good plays already by Baldock.
My 1st choice for RB but he's no reason to come here. Sadly.

It was bad though. Jose is a winner, his record demonstrates that but his appointment was never one to get everyone excited or fully behind him because of the type of football and how confrontational he can be with people. It's going to quickly end in embarrassment all round

How is it bad though?

What manager that was available was coming in here and getting better results? Has it stopped us from getting players that we would have got with a different manager? Has it prevented us from selling guys we should be selling? Do you think he is not playing guys that should be developing that other guys would be playing?

His attitude is one of the best things about him. His confrontations are an absolute positive for the club. It seems the only negative he has is that many people don't like him so they want to blame the issues of the club on him and realistically even that can be a positive for the club if he is able to be the one who takes all the blame and the club can avoid it.

Top 4 has gone, all that is left for the season is to beat Woolwich! Let’s fucking do it
And that’s it! That’s what been reduced too playing in the biggest club competition final a year ago to beating a shower of shit who hadn’t even played in the same competition for three seasons ffs we are back where we started the loser mentality that Poch tried get rid of.

or even just put up a bit of a fight and not just roll over

So are we to conclude that Jose hasn't got what it takes to fire this lot up for a proverbial cup final either?

TBH, I've kept a completely open mind about him, but if there were 2 things I'd have hoped we could count on in hiring him it would be:

1) A well drilled defense
2) To bring our A-game when it matters.

An impartial jury is not convinced.

Last edited:
I remember that well. I know what you're saying and obviously a bit of hyperbole because I'm so pissed off, but when we were shite I could accept it as the team was bad. This team on paper isn't that shit, plus it's a combination of raised expectations, sacking managers, getting knocked out of cups to shit teams, covid-19. It's a clusterfuck.

It was bad though. Jose is a winner, his record demonstrates that but his appointment was never one to get everyone excited or fully behind him because of the type of football and how confrontational he can be with people. It's going to quickly end in embarrassment all round
I think it will be all over before Christmas and we start again with the same ending again.

Pretty hopeless performance made more annoying by the VAR farce.

Sheff Utd are an honest team, well drilled and work out their skin for the manager. Wilder's very much in the Dyche mould - he knows what he wants to do and executes it well with limited resources. But they're pretty limited really - a good team, which we aren't, should be beating them.

Burnley and Sheff Utd are similar really - two limited sides but they work hard, are set up well and are hard to score against. The blueprint for modest success which won't set the world alight, but you've got to be at the races to beat either.

So are we to conclude that Jose hasn't got what it takes to fire this lot up for a proverbial cup final either?

TBH, I've kept an completely open mind about him but if their were 2 things I'd have hoped we could count on in hiring him it would be:

1) A well drilled defense
2) To bring our A-game when it matters.

An impartial jury is not convinced.

I can’t disagree but I think we should wait until the end of the year although tonight was a shambles

Jose got his ass with this one lol

"I think the referee should always be the man on the pitch and the people in the office should just support, just assist, but that's not the way it is.

That's not the way it is. Especially the referee who is not very good on the pitch, we cannot expect that he's good in the office."

Name 29 worse ones.

These are off the top of my head so I am likely missing some:

Not buying a back-up striker
Paying $60 million for ndombele
Paying $30 million for Sessegon
Not having a back-up RB or replacement Rb for Aurier
Not having a replacement LB for Rose or other option than Davies for LB
Not selling Eriksen soon enough
Buying Janssen
Buying Soldado
Buying Nkoudu
Buying njiang