Should The First Ever Female Coach In The Mens Game Be @ a PL Club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should This Experiment Take Place At The Top Tier Of Football

• Total voters
Oh yeah, a sexist for being real about a woman coming straight in to top flight football at this point.

I've not said anything about capability, it's about suitability and Tottenham Hotspur now, so give over John. You're in the vast fucking minority about this.

Don't fucking call me any of those ever again, or stick me on ignore you grumpy git.

Oh yeah, a sexist for being real about a woman coming straight in to top flight football at this point.

I've not said anything about capability, it's about suitability and Tottenham Hotspur now, so give over John. You're in the vast fucking minority about this.

Don't fucking call me any of those ever again, or stick me on ignore you grumpy git.
Exactly. You're a sexist!

On ignore you go. Good bye.

It doesn't matter what gender, colour, sexual preference, disability somebody has. The only question is on their experience, ability and qualifications.
Exactly, if someone said to you that we had the opportunity to sign someone who has "big club" experience, a close to 70% win ratio, 4 league wins, 2 FA Cups, 2 league cups, all of which includes 4 doubles, and European Cup finalists, all in under 10 years, we'd be fucking nuts not to consider them right?

What about the first ever Indian coach? First Asian coach? First disabled coach? First openly gay coach? First transsexual coach? First midget coach? First albino coach?

Stupid loaded bigoted question.

It doesn't matter what gender, colour, sexual preference, disability somebody has. The only question is on their experience, ability and qualifications.

Should a coach with only lower league coaching experience coach in the 'big leagues' - Why not?. Pep came from coaching the Barca youth team to coaching the best team in world football.

Is female football somehow so drastically different from the men's game that a coach wouldn't be able to transition? Or are you suggesting that because she has a vagina that she won't be able to coach men?

Fuck off, son of Levy.

What about people like Lampard, Rooney and Gerard. Who get top(ish) jobs straight away?

I don't think they worked their way up (Gerrard may have done with the Liverpool youth teams).

Lampard - Derby
Rooney - Derby
Gerrard - Rangers

None are anywhere near PL level.
Lampard has set his career back years by jumping to high too soon

What about people like Lampard, Rooney and Gerard. Who get top(ish) jobs straight away?

I don't think they worked their way up (Gerrard may have done with the Liverpool youth teams).

If you read my post, you'd see that I said players who played at the very highest level tend to get a head start in their managerial career due to that playing experience. You can argue whether that's correct or not, but I'd suggest that's the reason why they are considered for jobs at the likes of Derby/Rangers. If you look at a manager like Mourinho who had no real playing career of any relevance, he had to work his way up to bigger and better jobs.

Back
Top Bottom