Should we start a complete overhaul of the squad and rebuild next season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we start a complete overhaul of the squad and rebuild next season?

• Yes, sell Kane/Son and let Conte walk

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • No, keep Conte and back the manager

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • Other, response below

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Levy out, everything else secondary

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
Listen to Conte. He is saying we lack experience and that does not come from changing the whole team. We are in the middle of a rebuild with many new players over the past couple of seasons. Some good and others not good but Ndombele etc have been removed on loan. We need to retain stability and make a couple of improvements not wholesale changes. Quality and not quantity. MU beat us due to the quality of 1 player yesterday and not because of a stronger team.

Was it 2018/19 when Poch said we needed the painful rebuild? 4 years later we've just replaced the likes of Aurier and Sissoko with even worse players and left the likes of Winks, Davies, Sanchez etc loitering around doing nothing much.

So yeh we need a rebuild but we need to learn how to identify and sign better footballers first. Or we're just going to spin our wheels and remain as we are.

We're not going to get top 4 this season, and probably not next season either.

So where do we go from here?
Keep Conte and back the manager is the popular option BUT won't happen
Conte needs a budget of well over £200m, Levy will not spend more than 50m. This is called no match situation.

Please add option, Levy out.

I say sell everyone, not including the following:

Kulu, Bentancur, Hojberg, Kane, Son, Lloris, Davies (on the fence on this one), Lucas, Romero & Dier.

Lucas, Dier, Davies, Hojberg and possibly Hugo (in a year or two) would be sound enough backups/squad players once we have a much better group of first team players.
Lucas, Davies and Dier should all be considered sellable players too.

I want us to keep Kane, Son and Conte but Levy hasn't got the balls to back them and genuinely improve to make us challengers

Its a fucking mess

Was it 2018/19 when Poch said we needed the painful rebuild? 4 years later we've just replaced the likes of Aurier and Sissoko with even worse players and left the likes of Winks, Davies, Sanchez etc loitering around doing nothing much.

So yeh we need a rebuild but we need to learn how to identify and sign better footballers first. Or we're just going to spin our wheels and remain as we are.
He said that at the end of the 17/18 season. The result of that statement... no one sold, no one bought. We've been in a permanent rebuild since summer 2019 and still need 10 out 8 or 9 in. Its what happens when a club rests on its laurels.

As many people said levy out as they did to sell kane/son and let Conte walk. Lol. Until the cancer that is enic is removed, nothing will change.

I would say no simply because I’d like to see Conte given the funds to make a real run at a trophy next year. Having said that, I don’t think he will be backed so it would probably be less painful to start the rebuild now.

There is no such thing as a "complete overhaul" and rebuild in one season, but yes of course the squad needs further investment and freshening

We need to sell about 4 of the weakest players and replace them with top 4-standard first team players. Obviously keep Conte and Kane. .
I think Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur are a good start.

Last edited:
ENIC is not gonna leave, realistically, so we can take that out of the equation.

Keep Conte if he’s happy to continue the project. I’m tempted to sell Son at this point, but I don’t think it’s gonna happen due to the marketing value he brings to the club, also a great guy off the pitch, etc. I fear we’ll fall into the same trap of not moving players at the right time, happened with so many.

If we can’t burn £100m, then we need to sell someone on big money.

As for priorities... I would get RWB Mazraoui (free), Neves (50m), a creative midfielder (40-50m) and a back-up striker, who can be maybe someone who can play anywhere across the front 3.

Keep Conte and back the manager is the popular option BUT won't happen
Conte needs a budget of well over £200m, Levy will not spend more than 50m. This is called no match situation.

Please add option, Levy out.

It seems very unlikely Conte will get anything more than £100m (after a few more sales ofc) we have an owner that hasn't put a penny of his own money into the club so yeah, chance of him getting £200m is very unlikely.

It's probably going to require that to get the kind of quality Conte wants though as he has made it very clear he wants to challenge for the PL title.

Back
Top Bottom