Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sLU0SwM.jpg

Vorm, Aurier, Winks, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Parrott

Last edited:
Not sure why this forum is so anti-Deli. He seems to be the only one most of the time providing any spark to the team. Sure a lot of his passes or touches don’t come off but at least he’s trying instead of the standard sideways or backwards pass that so many in our team do consistently. He essentially provided the assist for Kane today, was close to getting two himself and was close to providing two or three assists as well.

I think the weak link against Norwich was Sess. Saw very little ambition from him to get past his man and his crosses were almost non-existent. One for the future. Would like to see Lo Celso switch sides and get Moura in on the right or maybe the opposite as Lo Celso would be the better defender so preferable on the right with Aurier.

Would like to see quicker transitions down the wings and some crosses and passes from the wings into the box with the occasional quick long ball from Alderweireld, it really has been effective. This will allow for two most effective players (Eriksen and Ndombele) to move down the centre as their team will be focusing on the wings.

Southampton are doing ok right now but they’re definitely beatable. We have a habit this season of making mediocre teams look good. Gotta cut that out soon.

COYS!!

Not sure why this forum is so anti-Deli. He seems to be the only one most of the time providing any spark to the team. Sure a lot of his passes or touches don’t come off but at least he’s trying instead of the standard sideways or backwards pass that so many in our team do consistently. He essentially provided the assist for Kane today, was close to getting two himself and was close to providing two or three assists as well.

I think the weak link against Norwich was Sess. Saw very little ambition from him to get past his man and his crosses were almost non-existent. One for the future. Would like to see Lo Celso switch sides and get Moura in on the right or maybe the opposite as Lo Celso would be the better defender so preferable on the right with Aurier.

Would like to see quicker transitions down the wings and some crosses and passes from the wings into the box with the occasional quick long ball from Alderweireld, it really has been effective. This will allow for two most effective players (Eriksen and Ndombele) to move down the centre as their team will be focusing on the wings.

Southampton are doing ok right now but they’re definitely beatable. We have a habit this season of making mediocre teams look good. Gotta cut that out soon.

COYS!!

I'm not anti-Dele by any means. I love watching him when he's on song and think the kid will come good again.

But right now we are tactically a broken team and have been for all of 2019. And when you have a player like him who is not a striker or a winger or a central midfielder yet starts every game and at different points of the game occupies all three positions it's no surprise we are tactically broken. He's just a very awkward player to fit in.

When we were flying under Poch it was fine because everyone else was at their top level and he was brilliant. But I think when a team is down and deflated the manager whether it was Poch or now Mourinho has to make a brave call and get back to basics and that's why I think it would be better to have an extra midfielder play in midfield or an actual forward play as a forward and stay in their roles than Dele who tries to do a bit of everything but just messes up the shape.

I'm not anti-Dele by any means. I love watching him when he's on song and think the kid will come good again.

But right now we are tactically a broken team and have been for all of 2019. And when you have a player like him who is not a striker or a winger or a central midfielder yet starts every game and at different points of the game occupies all three positions it's no surprise we are tactically broken. He's just a very awkward player to fit in.

When we were flying under Poch it was fine because everyone else was at their top level and he was brilliant. But I think when a team is down and deflated the manager whether it was Poch or now Mourinho has to make a brave call and get back to basics and that's why I think it would be better to have an extra midfielder play in midfield or an actual forward play as a forward and stay in their roles than Dele who tries to do a bit of everything but just messes up the shape.

Fair enough, I get where your coming from but Mourinho knows that you need to play your best players to get the right results and that means accommodating him in the starting 11. He has 5 goals and 3 assists (4 if you include the Kane penalty yesterday) in the 9 games he’s played for Mourinho. That means he’s been directly involved in a goal a game. With a return like that, you just have to accommodate him, especially when our other midfielders aren’t exactly setting the work a light.

Southampton away is a decent away trip. Last year’s performance was one of the worst under Poch. Hoping for a few goals and some 2020 cheer. Come on boys. Give us a performance. Pleeease.

Back
Top Bottom