Spurs v goons pre season game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

I've been on the site a few years now and it always amazes me how affected people get by Goat's threats.

I like the guy so I'm hoping I never receive a standard threat from cretinousgoat cretinousgoat but even if I did...I don't actually think he's gonna hunt me down and cut me! And I'm pretty sure he lives closer to me than most of you.

Why is everything in the world taken so seriously these days? And if you are scared...just ignore him and I'm sure you'll drop off his hit list eventually.
I've met him.
My wife scares me more than he does.
That's why I don't get why he does it.
It's all so unnecessary

it’s not normal behaviour.

he shouldn’t be encouraged to think issuing violent threats on a football forum is ok.

its not.

he has serious issues. Only he can address his anger management problem. Others shouldn’t have to suffer his regular episodes.
I can see both sides of this.
When I first joined TFC I thought the goat was borderline pyscho.
I still do. :rolleyes:
But I don't take him seriously.

I can see both sides of this.
When I first joined TFC I thought the goat was borderline pyscho.
I still do. :rolleyes:
But I don't take him seriously.

it’s not amusing. Brigante can straddle the dark arts but always be funny and was definitely not to be taken seriously.

this guy is just toxic.

you might not take him seriously but not everyone is like you. It’s not acceptable on here anymore.

hopefully he comes back and ’gets it’ I doubt it. But you never know.

he once accused me of raping my new born baby.

struggle to find how not to take that seriously.

it’s not amusing. Brigante can straddle the dark arts but always be funny and was definitely not to be taken seriously.

this guy is just toxic.

you might not take him seriously but not everyone is like you. It’s not acceptable on here anymore.

hopefully he comes back and ’gets it’ I doubt it. But you never know.

he once accused me of raping my new born baby.

struggle to find how not to take that seriously.
Thanks for that info.
Unacceptable, of course.

He is an important part of this place ... jury is very much still out on you.

please tell your jury I’m not interested in their opinion.

In fact tell your jury to just stick me on ignore.

I have no need of affirmation from people that revere such a person.

I will say i hope he gets the help he needs. I’m not a monster.

im just here to talk spurs and maybe get a few laughs and some insight that I haven’t thought about re: Spurs and football and life in general . And stick to the forum rules.

like a Spurs forum should be. I don’t want to read actual physical threats on other posters thanks. Or worse

thanks

please tell your jury I’m not interested in their opinion.

In fact tell your jury to just stick me on ignore.

I have no need of affirmation from people that revere such a person.

I will say i hope he gets the help he needs. I’m not a monster.

im just here to talk spurs and maybe get a few laughs and some insight that I haven’t thought about re: Spurs and football and life in general . And stick to the forum rules.

like a Spurs forum should be. I don’t want to read actual physical threats on other posters thanks. Or worse

thanks
Are you ?

Be honest

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

I totally understand the "don't ever applaud an Aresenal player".... but, tough not to at least have some respect for this guy:

Yeah, and this also shows our fans in their true light, not in the negative spin that sky and BBC especially have overblown and thrown against us in the last few years. (accusations of us being racist, Campbell songs, the banana chucked at Emirates when initially it was only white Goon players in the shot; the Rudiger incident)

I would add that I've been an anti racist all my life and an anti fascist for a couple of decades, but am totally against the demonising of white working class as racist that's been the staple of many middle class new fan journos. (I stay off politics on this site as only want to hear what spurs fans think about spurs, the old skool especially)
Somehow, us, a fanbase where I think it was Henry who said 'you don't get racism at Tottenham' has got labelled as racists in these last few years.

Somethings transcend rivalries and anti racism, humanity, is one of them.

Today showed us in a good light, just as we were respected by old school fans of our rivals, when we showed our class in the past; Osgood's and Harding's rounds of applause at the Bridge; Rocastle ; when Millwall laughed after Hillsborough some of ours ran across the pitch to present Everton fans with flowers (some knowing how close it was to it being us 8 years before).

Immediately after the ref blew the whistle for the end of Rocastle's minute, verbal hostilities were resumed in the Clock End by the fence.
I get the general not applauding Goon players, but this time glad an exception was made. I made an exception every time Jennings ran towards the goal at the start of a match against them, whilst playing for them; he knew too, that we weren't applauding a Woolwich player, and reciprocated.

Yeah, and this also shows our fans in their true light, not in the negative spin that sky and BBC especially have overblown and thrown against us in the last few years. (accusations of us being racist, Campbell songs, the banana chucked at Emirates when initially it was only white Goon players in the shot; the Rudiger incident)

I would add that I've been an anti racist all my life and an anti fascist for a couple of decades, but am totally against the demonising of white working class as racist that's been the staple of many middle class new fan journos. (I stay off politics on this site as only want to hear what spurs fans think about spurs, the old skool especially)
Somehow, us, a fanbase where I think it was Henry who said 'you don't get racism at Tottenham' has got labelled as racists in these last few years.

Somethings transcend rivalries and anti racism, humanity, is one of them.

Today showed us in a good light, just as we were respected by old school fans of our rivals, when we showed our class in the past; Osgood's and Harding's rounds of applause at the Bridge; Rocastle ; when Millwall laughed after Hillsborough some of ours ran across the pitch to present Everton fans with flowers (some knowing how close it was to it being us 8 years before).

Immediately after the ref blew the whistle for the end of Rocastle's minute, verbal hostilities were resumed in the Clock End by the fence.
I get the general not applauding Goon players, but this time glad an exception was made. I made an exception every time Jennings ran towards the goal at the start of a match against them, whilst playing for them; he knew too, that we weren't applauding a Woolwich player, and reciprocated.
Brilliant post.

Back
Top Bottom