Spurs v goons pre season game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually think the more rounded and dynamic MFers are necessary in a CM3 and you can put two cloggers at the base of a 4231 and that'd be fine.

Uh huh....Now I understand your championing of some of this genre...

I disagree though, I think you have to have two pretty rounded CM's in a CM2 if you want to play a proactive brand of football, or actually play through that midfield and not over/round it. England were a good example of this at the Euros IMO.

As far as us now, I'd much rather see Lo Celso and Ndombele as 8's either side of a 6 in a three, and play one less of Alli, Bergwijn, Moura, I think we'd be more creative and have more control of games with and without the ball, more ability to play football, than playing any version of two of our cm's in a CM2 with all of Alli, Bergwijn and Moura on the pitch as AM's.

Not sure formation necessarily has a place here.

Yes and no, it's an example of the coaching, tactics, personnel and formation marrying better, but...

Harder to do without the MF dominance of Wanyama and Dembele though.

Let's not even open this can of worms.

Back to where we started, structurally as a default format, I like the 433, I like what you can do with it structurally and tactically, I think it can be more forgiving of personnel deficiencies (Italy being a good example of this at the Euros), but I value good coaching and a good tactical application higher than any format it's applied to, it's just nice when they all marry up.

One thing is confusing me, did anyone have their NHS pass scanned? I didn't even have to show it to anyone. Where was it supposed to be scanned?

What makes the 1-0 even sweeter is that VAR would probably have given Gio offside in the lead-up to the goal :)

Fair warms the cockles of yer heart.

I think we can all do that.
It's the way he challenges people who don't meet his "standards " that's the issue.
I don't get the threats and personal abuse that peppers his approach.
Or anyone else's
I've been on the site a few years now and it always amazes me how affected people get by Goat's threats.

I like the guy so I'm hoping I never receive a standard threat from cretinousgoat cretinousgoat but even if I did...I don't actually think he's gonna hunt me down and cut me! And I'm pretty sure he lives closer to me than most of you.

Why is everything in the world taken so seriously these days? And if you are scared...just ignore him and I'm sure you'll drop off his hit list eventually.

Drop berg slot in Gio play 3 in CM and if dele has to play put him as a false 9 behind son and Lucas until we get a CF. Or play tangay three of dele is shit. 2 6s in PEH and skipp in front of back 4. Let gio roam and chase havoc let dele drift into space vacated by son and Luca who like to go wide. Dele isn’t disciplined enough to play in midfield 3 on the left. So better off letting the 2 6s cover that area.

Pre season has been a good fitness exercise
Noticable how in that 2nd half we were much better than Woolwich simply for fitness with quite a few players doing the 90 minutes.

Nuno's really focused on that 2nd half fitness and intesnity the issue which was under Mourinho where we just sat back and were so tired after the first half.

Fair play to him

locker room issues
Sick Vomit GIF by Originals

At least you used squad rather than roster.

And as I mentioned before, the rest of our record in other major matches (PL, FA Cup etc) was more or less the same without Kane so long as we had Son playing.
BIG FAT LIE
And you are spamming this thread like you have have spammed so many other threads because Kane was not in the squad today.
Keep your BS in the Kane thread.

I've been on the site a few years now and it always amazes me how affected people get by Goat's threats.

I like the guy so I'm hoping I never receive a standard threat from cretinousgoat cretinousgoat but even if I did...I don't actually think he's gonna hunt me down and cut me! And I'm pretty sure he lives closer to me than most of you.

Why is everything in the world taken so seriously these days? And if you are scared...just ignore him and I'm sure you'll drop off his hit list eventually.

it’s not normal behaviour.

he shouldn’t be encouraged to think issuing violent threats on a football forum is ok.

its not.

he has serious issues. Only he can address his anger management problem. Others shouldn’t have to suffer his regular episodes.

BIG FAT LIE
And you are spamming this thread like you have have spammed so many other threads because Kane was not in the squad today.
Keep your BS in the Kane thread.
Since the 18-19 season w/o Kane but w/ Son in Starting the line-up

PL

10 Wins
2 Draws
5 Losses
*17 matches, 32 points

Champions League
Dortmund (1 leg) - Advance
Man City (x2 legs) - Advance
Ajax (x2 legs) - Advance

Europa League
Lask (1 leg) - Win

FA Cup
Middlesbrough - Advance
Southampton - Advance

it’s not normal behaviour.

he shouldn’t be encouraged to think issuing violent threats on a football forum is ok.

its not.

he has serious issues. Only he can address his anger management problem. Others shouldn’t have to suffer his regular episodes.
So put him on ignore. He's the Goat but you are doing the bleating.

Since the 18-19 season w/o Kane but w/ Son in Starting the line-up

PL

10 Wins
2 Draws
5 Losses
*17 matches, 32 points

Champions League
Dortmund (1 leg) - Advance
Man City (x2 legs) - Advance
Ajax (x2 legs) - Advance

Europa League
Lask (1 leg) - Win