Spurs v goons pre season game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at some of their forums, they are already in full meltdown mode. I didn't realize their only real signings so far are White and Ramsdale?? That's insane.

They all seem prepared for another midtable season and realize now what I was saying for a long time about Arteta... he cannot get his teams to generate enough chances to be consistently good.

Unless things drastically change there, I think they're in for a really long season.
That's my monday morning at work sorted.. I will flick through ArseMania and drink my coffee. It'll be the perfect pick me up

Bloody hell....... There were flashes of play from Moura that I haven't seen since the second leg of the Ajax game...... He looked completely different today (in spells).

It's incredible how far Woolwich have fallen. Today they looked like one of those newly promoted teams that 'tries to play good football' - a Fulham or Norwich. Some nice passing in front of our defence, but no bite. Nothing to really hurt us with. This is I guess what Pep-ball looks like if you don't have the players. Trying to play tiki taka with mediocre players doesn't work.

Wasn’t pure luck, we still had some completely underrated world class players like Jan, Toby, Moussa, Eriksen etc
Dembele had gone by then.

There were good players in the team, but collectively their form was in terminal decline and as the previous poster said, luck and Lucas dragged us through two ties in which we were by miles the worse team.

The first leg against City was actually a pretty gutty performance, but I gotta imagine the collective xG of the return leg then the two against Ajax were like 15-4 or something. And yet. :pochcry:

There were good players in the team, but collectively their form was in terminal decline and as the previous poster said, luck and Lucas dragged us through two ties in which we were by miles the worse team.

The first leg against City was actually a pretty gutty performance, but I gotta imagine the collective xG of the return leg then the two against Ajax were like 15-4 or something. And yet. :pochcry:
Gone but still miles more effective than last years midfield

Wasn't just the champions league though. We played fine without Kane so long as we had Son playing over the past several seasons. The trouble came when both Son and Kane went down with injuries. I'd imagine if we brought in a decent striker to replace Kane along with the signings we already made, we'd score enough goals this season to be a top 4-6 team.

I think last season's struggles had more to do with Jose and locker room issues than the actual talent on our squad.

Back
Top Bottom