Spurs v goons pre season game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's the trend line, he's bulked fine, but can his blood supply keep him healthy in such a quick transition, IMO, no.

Depends, it's he's a nutrition anorak/obsessive then maybe he will cope.

My ideal is agile fuckers, especially in midfield, you put a hard turn on high muscle dudes after a pitch length run at full lung, you got much higher potential for bio-mechanical injury, or minor back ups which lead to a later tackle being a grade 2 or 3 instead of jogging it off...

Bellingham types, his physique is sick for a modern MF dynamo.

Although it isn’t the best tool available, BMI helps as a comparison.

Skipp’s BMI is 22.7. Here are some other PL midfielders…

Ndidi. 24.4
Kante 24.9
Tielmans 23.5
Gundogan 24.5
Hojbjerg 23.5

Some better let them know that they are going to be very limited physically as players.

:nunolol:

Even Dele gave it a bit more of a go today. I still would Like Dier and Sanchez to be sold. Sanchez thinks he is faster than he actually is, so he often gets left behind. Dier is truly not a defender. He plays CB as he would CDM. It doesn't work. Reggie is suspect tracking back but great at going forward. Tanganga, I hope isn't injured, he's a huge upgrade in Aurier and Doherty. We'll have a few surprises this season. We'll just have to wait and see if it's good or bad.

On the train back. Some thoughts:
  • Covid pass is a joke. There was literally a queue around half the stadium. I didn't even show anyone my pass let alone scan it. People were talking about not having it. It will be chaos on a league game. There was some good will and people queued but there was some anger boiling up. It was only a third full as well. Ditch it.
  • Skipp and PEH were solid.
  • Ali was great but should have had a hattrick.
  • Son looks like he wants to be the main man, even tried a kane wait behind and clap the fans. Ali spoilt that though. He is one of our own. Unlike serpents with dicks for heads.
  • Woolwich are really shit.
  • Organisation was really good so well done Nuno.
  • Oh, anyone right at the back of the south stand, the standing/safety bars block small peoples and kids' views of the pitch.
Coys. Nice atmosphere as well.

Dele did a lot of hard yards today. Making several good and important tackles. Some flashes of the old Alli too. Good game from him. In fact lots of positives. Skippy, Lucas, even Dier and Sanchez looked solid somehow. And we need to keep Tanganga. Looked better than Doherty and Aurier of last year today. Another solid performer.

Such a breath of fresh air after the shite we had to endure last season. Hope it carries through to when the games count for more than laughing at the goons. Which is becoming a given.

Had he scored one of his chances he would have been man of the match for me. As it was I thought it was Lucas Moura. Sanchez looked great too. Nobody was poor or even close.

On the train back. Some thoughts:
  • Covid pass is a joke. There was literally a queue around half the stadium. I didn't even show anyone my pass let alone scan it. People were talking about not having it. It will be chaos on a league game. There was some good will and people queued but there was some anger boiling up. It was only a third full as well. Ditch it.
  • Skipp and PEH were solid.
  • Ali was great but should have had a hattrick.
  • Son looks like he wants to be the main man, even tried a kane wait behind and clap the fans. Ali spoilt that though. He is one of our own. Unlike serpents with dicks for heads.
  • Woolwich are really shit.
  • Organisation was really good so well done Nuno.
  • Oh, anyone right at the back of the south stand, the standing/safety bars block small peoples and kids' views of the pitch.
Coys. Nice atmosphere as well.

So basically good but for the shitty Covid passes.

Although it isn’t the best tool available, BMI helps as a comparison.

Skipp’s BMI is 22.7. Here are some other PL midfielders…

Ndidi. 24.4
Kante 24.9
Tielmans 23.5
Gundogan 24.5
Hojbjerg 23.5

Some better let them know that they are going to be very limited physically as players.

:nunolol:

How'd you know his BMI? He looks much bigger now than when I last saw him, are you going from the Spurs website? If he bulked this summer while his injury healed, those numbers may be 5-10kg off (unless you are looking at a site which has live feeds into clubs weights here? the please provide)

Anyway, Hojbjerg is a good example of that group, the others are african/med decent (who usually build muscle naturally), he is slow and ponderous IMO because he should be 20 or so, given his frame (if those numbers are correct). Not bothered about BMI anyway, just what my eyes tell me, he looked heavy on his feet compared to watching him last season (maybe a heavy pre-season or carrying a knock), so I am concerned is all.

Time will tell, I just saw a large increase in arm size and on the stream (dodgy) his upper body looked to be like someone who had been in the gym bulking for 6months...

Dele on the other hand looks like someone who has dropped 5-10kg upper body muscle, and hence has a shot this season IMO.

Last edited:
Fuck him lol. He's Woolwich
Meme Wtf GIF

First trip to the lane since the Norwich FA Cup game pre covid.

It's great to beat those cunts, no matter the circumstances.

Buzzing for the new season. Early morning drinking, train journeys, old faces, new faces and Tottenham.

Up The Spurs!

No we play better without Kane against many teams. We're just much more dynamic. He slows the game down for us.

Without Kane we would have been far many points worse off pretty much every season. Hate the guy as much as you like but the vast majority of sides would be better with Kane up front, including us.

Back
Top Bottom