Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I must be the only one here who doesn't think the line up is too bad, Davies hasnt got to run too much of a distance, Lo Celso is crafty and doesn't mind a tackle and reggy is the outlet on the left. Its not as bad as you think chaps.... COYS

Rotation is to be expected, Ndombele is stil building his fitness and isn’t ready to start game after game. Reguilon needs a rest and was rubbish against Palace. It’s two solid players coming in.

We have to get out of this mentality of “player x is starting so we are going to lose”. You think Liverpool fans are thinking that because two people I’ve never heard of are in their starting XI?

Our spine is still there so there are no excuses. 2 changes shouldn’t mean we can’t play well.

Agreed. And no start for Reguilon against a team with their attackers is the biggest telegraph that we're gonna sit back constantly to avoid those flanks getting stretched.

As others have said, we should be trying to exploit that back line while we have the chance.

But hey, I'll give José the benefit of the doubt and see what the hell the game plan actually pans out as. Perhaps we're planning on letting them swing hard in the first half then bring on Reggie and Ndombele against tired legs.

Id be amazed if we saw Reguilon come on at all.

I could see Ndombele on for Lo Celso - however with our line up, let's hope it isn't too late

Anyone know how I get push notifications turned on! Unused to get them all the time, then I messed with summat and now I have to log in to see if anyone has replied, quoted or found me funny 😂😂😂

Probably wont get a better chance to beat Liverpool at Anfield.

Tired and injury hit team whilst we are pretty much full strength and in form.
We're due a win at their place...

Rotation is to be expected, Ndombele is stil building his fitness and isn’t ready to start game after game. Reguilon needs a rest and was rubbish against Palace. It’s two solid players coming in.

We have to get out of this mentality of “player x is starting so we are going to lose”. You think Liverpool fans are thinking that because two people I’ve never heard of are in their starting XI?

Our spine is still there so there are no excuses. 2 changes shouldn’t mean we can’t play well.

Ndombele has started just once in our last 3 games...

He's definitely fit enough to start.

They will target Davies for days now - Sissoko to play as a second LB basically else were fucked on the left

I assume Mourinho is saving Reggi for 60 mins + when we can put him as our main outlet on the left when Bergwijn is getting tired. Davies should be fine in a low block which is what I expect we will be playing.

NDombele to come on if we need to swing it - I don't think the selections are as bad as everyone is moaning about. Still fairly confident in us! COYS

Come on boys..... Win by any means.

I don't care if you have to keep firing in shots at Liverpool defenders hands all night.... Or we get the most unjust VAR decision go our way in the history of VAR......

Just get the job done.

:avbpray:

Only way this is sensible is if it's this :

Lloris
Alderwiereld - Dier - Davies
Aurier - Lo Celso - Hojbjerg - Ndombele - Reguilon
Son - Kane
But Jose isn't that brave.

It would equally be sensible if the manager deems either/both players not fit to play.

Back
Top Bottom