Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No chance they'll put Henderson as starting CB.

And there's no way I can see us taking it to them. We'll sit at a low block like City and Chelsea and give Liverpool as much of the ball as we can in hope when we have that rare sight of the ball, we take our chances.
Why would we change the approach that got us 7/9 points from 3 "big" games?

I feel like if Liverpool play their usual gungho style they will completely play into our hands and we will have plenty of chances to score on the counter.

Have a feeling Klopp might sense this and play more conservatively, possibly leading to a stalemate or low score draw.

Why would we change the approach that got us 7/9 points from 3 "big" games?

I feel like if Liverpool play their usual gungho style they will completely play into our hands and we will have plenty of chances to score on the counter.

Have a feeling Klopp might sense this and play more conservatively, possibly leading to a stalemate or low score draw.

I'm not saying we should.

I was just questioning why anyone would think we'd take it to them.

It really is a shame Bale isnt fit for this because of the fear factor he brings... as well as being left footed, as that would have been very useful when Robertson end up stuck in our half after one of his numerous runs up front.

The gameplan (I think) will be to entice Liverpool to play the way they love to play, both fullbacks bombing on - then box them in on each side (Serge/Moussa - Reg/Hojberg). Win the ball back, exploit the space TAA/Robertson leave. The big choice for Mou is who he picks to go with Son and Kane... not sure who he will plump for. Whoever ends up getting picked with Son to play wide will be a key man in this game

It’s all about the points at the end of the day and when you review the season as a whole, a point away at the other top 6 clubs is a good point when everything is taken into account. Having said that, if we were playing Woolwich away today, I would be pushing for a win but we’re not. We’re playing against a team where we have a terrible record and who are on an incredible unbeaten run. We should still be going there with the objective to win but this is the kind of game where Mourinhos tactics come into full effect and we may nick one. The negatives of losing this game are that we could be 4th in the table at the end of the day and we will give Pool the momentum to perhaps kick on from here. If we draw, we’re at least 2nd by the end of the day, unbeaten run continues, prevented a title challenger from getting away from us, and got though arguably our toughest game of the season.

TEAM NEWS​

Liverpool will assess the fitness of Joel Matip, who was substituted with a back spasm at half-time of the draw against Fulham on Sunday.

Midfielder Naby Keita could be in contention for his 50th Premier League appearance if he is deemed fit after a muscle problem.
Tottenham forward Gareth Bale, who has not made a Premier League appearance since 8 November, is still recovering from illness.

Erik Lamela remains out.

I've had prime for a while now - found their deliveries useful to be honest! And I was able to watch the autumn nations cup :)

I use Prime all the time. Free next day delivery. I do try & shop elsewhere where & when possible but they either do not have the item in stock or want £5 for delivery in a weeks time. Amazon just too convenient.

Plus you get the films/TV series and music etc. Very hard to break their stranglehold.

Back
Top Bottom