Spurs v Saints

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What, just like that?

Personally, I don't know if we've got an away win at Stamford Bridge at the BUSINESS end of the season in us... But I thought that about Man City away in 2010!!!!!!

I imagine the Media's only concern is that all 3 clubs are still within touching distance when the Chelsea/Spurs game comes around, as they can start hyping it up as soon as this weekend's games are over!!!!

Only problem is, those were the days when we could still rely on 3 points from city, even if their team had gotten better. Chelsea will just be the scariest game of the season for me.

The only positive things going into the Chavs game for us are 1. Their fixture build up and possible tiredness arising from this and 2. AVB will want this more than anything whereas Rafa couldn't give a toss.
I'm more worried about fucking up in our other games TBH.

I still don't think they'll be too affected by the extra EL games nonetheless, they're better equipped than we are anyway.

For sure, I just don't think that squad is as incredible as touted. Maybe on paper, for sure, but they don't have someone to dictate the game without Mata. It's understandable, he was easily the best player to have played against us this year.

For sure, I just don't think that squad is as incredible as touted. Maybe on paper, for sure, but they don't have someone to dictate the game without Mata. It's understandable, he was easily the best player to have played against us this year.
Mata is as important as Bale is for us, their squad isn't amazing but it's equipped to challenge on all fronts (laughable I know considering their "title challenge and CL campaign). I see the extra games as a red herring.

I still don't think they'll be too affected by the extra EL games nonetheless, they're better equipped than we are anyway.

The only way the 2nd leg semi will 'affect them' is if Basle score early and it all gets a bit tense and fraught (the tenser, and 'fraughtier' the better IMHO) otherwise it will become a fucking stroll in the park training exercise that they'll all get the benefit from, and we'll feel the wrath of!

Incidentally, Arseanal playing Wigan at home 3 days after the Cup Final... oh please... you couldn't make it up! They'll either be hungover from winning (unlikely) or demoralised by defeat (highly probable)... either way, they won't be in any mood/fit state to put in the type of performance they did on SaTURDay against us, THAT'S for absofuckingfreakin' sure!

5-1 spurs. Got to concede see, it's how we roll.

So we overtake Woolwich and then QPR beat them 4-0 on Sunday. Townsend, Jenas and Redknapp x2 with the goals.

Much love,
Optimistic Papa

It's quite simply a must win and no excuses!
We will see if we can finally win the games we HAVE TO, rather than making all the familiar noises that Southampton are a difficult team to play against, and we're hoping to re-group after this latest setback and 'get back to winning ways' against Chelsea or some shit!

Time to step up and be counted.
I'm actually looking forward to seeing the club and players I love MAKE that step up, NOT take no for an answer, and win when it REALLY MATTERS!

Anyone know what the hell happened to aderbayor and this mysterious last minute knee injury? Is e gonna be back for this one? I think we all saw how clueless we look up front when Defoe isn't scoring

Back
Top Bottom