SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Changing my team from earlier in the thread...Im agreeing that Naughton is worth a place at RB. Dier could do with a rest...looked a bit shakey of late.

Also would like Stambouli in. Kaboul is coming good and is a legend from the 2-3 so has to play.

...............................Lloris
Naughton.......Kaboul.......Jan...........Rose
....................Capoue......Stambouli
Lamela................Eriksen...............Chadli
..............................Ade

We are going to get bummed big time in this game. I'm really not looking forward to it. I can already see all the soft goals we're going to let in and Dembélé giving away possession.

Changing my team from earlier in the thread...Im agreeing that Naughton is worth a place at RB. Dier could do with a rest...looked a bit shakey of late.

Also would like Stambouli in. Kaboul is coming good and is a legend from the 2-3 so has to play.

...............................Lloris
Naughton.......Kaboul.......Jan...........Rose
....................Capoue......Stambouli
Lamela................Eriksen...............Chadli
..............................Ade
Bentley was a legend from the 4-4, do you want him as well?
:)
Not Naughton, Dier - no doubts for me.
Nor Chadli - Lennon (on the right) Chadli's general play is insipid and lacks any real threat, despite the QPR game.

Started to write a big long post about who i would have in my starting line up but you know what.... fuck it.

I'm not getting sucked in. I'm tempted to not even watch the game on saturday.... can't deal with getting battered by them cunts again, better to put the blinkers on.

What i want to see: [formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Capoue, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Chadli, Adebayor][/formation]
Quite certain we wont see it but here's why I'd love to:
CB's - Pick themselves for me
Davies - A better defender than Rose (remember we are away from home)
Naughton - To big a match to throw young Dier at RB out of position. Naughton is simple.
Capoue - Just sit. Dont run just sit and smash.
Eriksen - Bring him back, let him set the tempo and create
Lamela & Chadli - Picks itself atm.
Kane - He's been our best striker end of last season and this season. Hold up the ball so well.
Adebayor - Would have said Soldado after his goal but this is Woolwich and Ade hates 'em.

Don't slaughter me, just opinions. We've been dominating possession every game and become stale and I feel the only way we will give a few quarters to create space is taking out the second holding midfielder and puting in Eriksen. Stambouli and Bentaleb were poor last night and its because they aren't creative men. Eriksen would be able to create for the wingers and Kane can hold up the play for Eriksen to move beyond him and link up with Ade.

COYS

We are going to get bummed big time in this game. I'm really not looking forward to it. I can already see all the soft goals we're going to let in and Dembélé giving away possession.
No i think we are in this game with a big chance. The quality is there in team and there is no way we will play as bad as the WBA game. Its the Scum and we will be up for it!!:coys:

Interesting quotes there. He says he has four years left...maybe he's happy to stay, but thought he should get a better wage?

Or, he's off soon.

After last season, I lost a bit of faith in him, but he's played well and looks focused so far. Probably end up at Real Madrid and become their Maldini. How else could it possibly pan out.
There was ITK gossip on twitter earlier in the week that Pochettino didn't think very much of Jan, so this could fit into that background.

After last night, I would like to see:

Lloris​
Naugton-Fazio-Vertonghen-Rose
Capoue-Dembele​
Lamela-Eriksen-Chadli
Kane​

And then have Soldado come on for Kane at the 60 minute mark as a pre-planned switch. I hope Dembele's had some sleep and would be match fit, but if not, I can see a case for Mason, Bentaleb or Stambouli in his place.

Dembele is the most accurate passer and it's almost impossible to get the ball off him.

For a dm, you won't find a safer player on the ball.

The VAST majority of goals we conceded are attacks generated down our wings. Not through the middle.

Dembele is the most accurate passer and it's almost impossible to get the ball off him.

For a dm, you won't find a safer player on the ball.

The VAST majority of goals we conceded are attacks generated down our wings. Not through the middle.
Dembele is not a DM. You're not a real person.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom