SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bentley was a legend from the 4-4, do you want him as well?
:)
Not Naughton, Dier - no doubts for me.
Nor Chadli - Lennon (on the right) Chadli's general play is insipid and lacks any real threat, despite the QPR game.

Personally I liked Chadli from day one last season....offers what Lennon does not...assists and goals. I like Lennon, and his work rate is superb. He is definately only a squad player for me now though...but what an option off the bench. That is not a put down in my opinion, and if I was to choose any player to bring on late against a tired Scum team, it would be him. Legend in his own right in the NLDs..

Dier I wouldnt lose any sleep over of he starts. A good solid player, but fear he might try a touch too hard in this one. Could backfire....or be the game of his life so who knows.

Bentley! Well, Kaboul has done a great deal for this club, and is getter better and better each week. I would like him and Jan for this one. Not sure its the right time to give Fazio a full debut, and Vlad is not ready either imo.

There was ITK gossip on twitter earlier in the week that Pochettino didn't think very much of Jan, so this could fit into that background.

Interesting.....Jan, Sandro and Vlad. All players that hardly basked themselves in glory last season.

Vlad survived the chop in the end, but maybe this is all part of the "rooting out" that we all crave. Might not be the expected, or players we want involved, but hopefully its all for the best.

Jans attitude last season makes me not really give a shit if he goes now anyway. Actually starting to wonder if he's overratted.

Personally I liked Chadli from day one last season....offers what Lennon does not...assists and goals. I like Lennon, and his work rate is superb. He is definately only a squad player for me now though...but what an option off the bench. That is not a put down in my opinion, and if I was to choose any player to bring on late against a tired Scum team, it would be him. Legend in his own right in the NLDs..

Dier I wouldnt lose any sleep over of he starts. A good solid player, but fear he might try a touch too hard in this one. Could backfire....or be the game of his life so who knows.

Bentley! Well, Kaboul has done a great deal for this club, and is getter better and better each week. I would like him and Jan for this one. Not sure its the right time to give Fazio a full debut, and Vlad is not ready either imo.
its conceivable that Vlad has been making him (Kaboul) look poor, but him and Vlad together are a nightmare. Fazio didn't impress last night against that big lad on their team.

Interesting.....Jan, Sandro and Vlad. All players that hardly basked themselves in glory last season.

Vlad survived the chop in the end, but maybe this is all part of the "rooting out" that we all crave. Might not be the expected, or players we want involved, but hopefully its all for the best.

Jans attitude last season makes me not really give a shit if he goes now anyway. Actually starting to wonder if he's overratted.
I was very surprised at how Jan behaved last season, but Jan is IMO our best defender and vital to the team. I'd be sad to see him go, but if he doesn't give it his all, perhaps he should

That is the problem. Our own attacks are broken down by his "safe". He stifles our own counter attacks.

DM's are not on the pitch to create. Your frustrations lie in Eriksen, Lamela, Townsend, Lennon, Chadli's current ability to create.

The onus is not on Dembele, Stam or Capoue to attack. Dembele is being used as a patsy because it's way more fashionable to bash him and not Chadli, Lamela or Eriksen who can be like ghosts.

People moaning about Bentaleb and Dembele's creativity are just projecting because their picks for people who are supposed to create are failing vs minnows this season.

I won't sugar coat anything. My picks Lamela and Eriksen need to sort their fucking game out in the prem. I'll back them all season regardless because I think they have the ability. I'm not about to make the two holding players whipping boys because of my ego.

Wingers, wingabcks, strikers and AM's are to blame for our attacking failures. If it wasnt for Dembele last season, and the fact that we won so many 1-0's was why we were even in the race for 4th because we were solid more often than not bar the top 4 and West Ham.

Last edited:
Dembele is not a DM though...

And in Poch's system it is vital the CMs start the attacks and create.

I'm the number one poster on here calling for him to be an AM.

We have 3 AM spots. And 2 holding/DM spots. 4-2-3-1

Dembele is part of the 2. He is NOT a general midfielder and we do NOT play 4-4-2. If he plays as a part of the 3 and he cant create, the abuse he gets is justified. Until that happens, people need to shut the fuck up about his creative ability. Because for a defensive player, his passing is about as good as it gets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...No-Steven-Gerrard-10-Mousa-Dembele-leads.html

Dembele is part of the 2. He is NOT a general midfielder and we do NOT play 4-4-2.
We may be getting into semantics over what's a double pivot and what's a DM/CM pairing.

We may be getting into semantics over what's a double pivot and what's a DM/CM pairing.

Not if you look at his heat maps and the fact that over the course of the past 2 seasons he averages 1 shot at goal every two games. It's a nailed on fact that almost all of his games played has been as a holding defensive midfielder.

IMO Poch is repeating many of AVB's mistakes. Playing Dembele as part of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 is repeating another failure from the AVB era and wasting Dembeles ability in the final third.

Not if you look at his heat maps and the fact that over the course of the past 2 seasons he averages 1 shot at goal every two games. It's a nailed on fact that almost all of his games played has been as a holding defensive midfielder.

IMO Poch is repeating many of AVB's mistakes. Playing Dembele as part of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 is repeating another failure from the AVB era and wasting Dembeles ability in the final third.
Dembele himself though has said he doesn't like to shoot. I am not sure that it is the manager's fault when the player is gun-shy by personal choice.

Dembele is part of the 2. He is NOT a general midfielder and we do NOT play 4-4-2. If he plays as a part of the 3 and he cant create, the abuse he gets is justified. Until that happens, people need to shut the fuck up about his creative ability. Because for a defensive player, his passing is about as good as it gets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...No-Steven-Gerrard-10-Mousa-Dembele-leads.html

So tell my why do Schneiderlin and Cork offer so much more in exactly the same position?

Any consensus on where best to watch this in central London?
I'll be on a lairy all day bender with my cousin (non Spurs but he'll watch).
Want a large screen, atmosphere and more yids than goonors. Don't want to go to Tottenham.
Cheers.

He's been played as a DM for nearly 2 years.
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/11/10/moussa-dembele-dissatisfied-at-tottenham-belgian-press/

And he wasnt happy about it.

If you are not played as an attacker for years, it's natural that it impacts your game.

But he's never been a goal scorer. And he says so himself:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Tottenhams-Mousa-Dembele-new-Luca-Modric.html

The man does certain things really well. He doesn't happen to be a CAM.

Back
Top Bottom