SPURS v SOUTHAMPTON midweek, Wednsday (is it?) 6'ish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was the pressing positioning being off leading to huge gaps in the center of the park that was the main issue.
I agree with that, I even said it in the match thread, this was a constant thing happening with Mourinho (and if you look at the analysis, he had it at Man Utd too), hopefully we address that in the upcoming weeks.

Manager or not, performance was very disappointing, again.

The next manager, whoever he is, has a lot of work ahead of them and I hope they are watching every game now and coming up with their tactics.
Mourinho supporter?
Mason had 2 days
How many bad first halfs we had under poch and after halftime speech we dominated games
If you tell me second half was disappointing what do you except?

Yeah, you either replace Lucas with Kane or you move Lucas into the spot GLC played and put Kane in.

Either way, probably our best chance.
Good shout on GLC - he was a bit hot and cold all game (like Reggie, tbh - I can see why Davies was preferred over him because he didn’t fall down every gust of wind...but doesn’t get forward anywhere near as much...)

What a crazy season. When I read Mason was n charge I was like “well, maybe it will be amazing? pretty please, maybe?” First half I was like “fuck me this is awful, what The fuck was Levy thinking.” Second half....”better, oh and Bale you sexy beast, get in why don’t you?” Followed by ”how the hell is Sons goal getting called back? We’re doomed!” Followed by, “handball! Handball! Ok fine, I’ll take the other foul then, give it to Son. C’mon Sonny,! Cmon!! Fuck yes! Yes! I don’t care anymore about anything! wooohoohoowowoooo”

that About sums up my experience, tapping on some iPad thing, keyboard has a mind of its own

COYS
Sums it up pretty well

With Jose as manager we have failed to win a game without Harry Kane this season.
Awesome. I’m happy to swap meaningless comparisons with you if you like.

With Jose as manager, we battered Southampton off the park at their place, when they weren’t the worst team in the league.

Not sure what either thing has to do with last nights performance though.

Awesome. I’m happy to swap meaningless comparisons with you if you like.

With Jose as manager, we battered Southampton off the park at their place, when they weren’t the worst team in the league.

Not sure what either thing has to do with last nights performance though.
Jose was our manager until Monday Morning and a lot of that had to do with last nights start. A man that does not believe in fitness and conditioning analysis and does not believe that analysis should be used in improving players, shows that he is well behind the times. The second half performance was a massive improvement, and Ryan Mason acknowledged that.

Jose was our manager until Monday Morning and a lot of that had to do with last nights start. A man that does not believe in fitness and conditioning analysis and does not believe that analysis should be used in improving players, shows that he is well behind the times. The second half performance was a massive improvement, and Ryan Mason acknowledged that.
I did say in the match thread that the second half was better. Also said that Mason had no time with the players to do anything, so in those we are in agreement.

Just pointing out we got many wins like this under Jose and he got battered for it. I’m not suggesting we give Mason similar treatment, just saying I saw nothing different last night to what I’ve seen before. And I didn’t expect anything different. Same players after all.

Back
Top Bottom