Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fucking melting over an away point against a hard working, well organised side. Whilst making 6 changes with a semi final on Saturday.

Don’t be self entitled lads we haven’t even been good for that long.

toby back from death
dead-gif-mos_050416024514.gif

2-2. Think this will be a really good game
2-2 might make it a good game... but it would be a fucking frustrating result!

We don't play a league game next weekend remember... if, like you suggest, we drop points on Tuesday, and Chelsea don't (I assume.. I always assume they won't) then that'll cut the lead down to 5 points.... which is two wins basically! That's why however 'good' the game is... I'd rather a stinker, and 3 points ta! We're too late in the season to worry about 'Good games' Brucie!

I'd hate to be going into the last few games with those cunts still breathing down our necks...
Create as big a gap as possible, as soon as possible! Thankfully, the Arse are almost out of the equation... but Chelsea fucking aren't yet!

Right - tomorrow is my birthday and I'm going to be 60

so I get to pick the team

1. Gazzaniga

2. Dier
3. Alderweireld
4. Sanchez
5. Vertonghen

6. Wanyama
7. Eriksen
8. Moura

9. Kane
10. Alli
11. Son

Bench
Vorm
lamela
Batman
God
Ironman
Superman
Graham Norton
Michael McIntyre

and I dont care if its bollocks, never going to happen, unbalanced or whether it doesnt have Lamela in the starting line up. Its my birthday and I can choose who I damn well like.

Hugo gets a night off to spend the evening being Pampered and looked after by Mrs P

Still as Adolf Hitler said"You cant please everyone"

Did Hitler say that? I’m sure he did at some point, but is he famous for saying it? Maybe he said it when the Wehrmacht had a difficult Tuesday night away at Stalingrad, but as far as I know history does not record this.

He might have muttered it when his ticketing scheme for the rallies at the Berlin Sportpalast came in for heavy criticism (with the unpopular emphasis on 1933 corporate seating) but again historians are undecided. However, there is a story (probably apocryphal) that his favourite dog Blondi turned her nose up at a specially imported consignment of chocolate Bonios, apparently a goodwill gesture from Neville Chamberlain. Sadly we will never know for certain, but if he said it at all, he said it then.

No Kane? :kaneear:
I agree he is not fit and he could do with the rest, but Sadly i don’t expect Poch to drop him

Made my feeling clear in the City OMT.

Fuck the Golden Boot. We have bigger fish to fry. Man Utd is the MUCH more important game here and we have shown we are capable of scoring and winning comfortably without Kane, so get him some much needed rest here, maybe bring him on with 25 minutes to play and get him ready for the Semi Final

So many melts on here. One bad performance and we're gonna fuck it up.

Top 4 is in our hands, we have an 8 point gap (at the moment) over Chelsea.

Tottenham Chelsea

Watford (H) Burnley (A)
West Brom (A) Swansea (A)
Newcastle (H) Liverpool (H)
Leicester (H) Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)

They have much tougher games than us, and they have to rely on us dropping points. We have more than enough to finish 4th and win the cup.

Players have returned from injury, we have more talent all over the pitch and we have one of the best managers in Europe. Let's enjoy it.

Honestly with only 4 games to go and only 40 points off relegation, I believe we will crumble. Stoke are much better than us, especially with the lethal Peter Crouch up front.

Championship next season I'm afraid.

OK I am a Liverpool fan but some of the comments on here make me cringe. This season Spurs have been one of the best sides in Europe(not just the UK) All the teams go through spells where they are poor. Saw off Madrid and still fourth in the league whilst in between stadiums. Spent next to nothing on players. I'll tell you what 98% of the clubs in Europe would swap places with you tomorrow. You have a brilliant young manager, some of the best players in the Premier League and play football that's great to watch. Still as Adolf Hitler said"You cant please everyone"
Go away you horrible individual. Acting all nice and reasonable and then finishing off with a comment like that. Shameful.

Wanyama - Sissoko is not a midfield I want to see again - even though neither were particularly poor their style is so bloody similar theres no variety in there, has to be one or the other with Moose or Winks if fit to give us something else... and if Moose is off/unfit a replacement needs to be priority numero uno in the summer.

Generally flat performance apart from in very small patches, Kane clearly not fit, Brighton defended well and were looking for the ball over the top all the time. Pitch didnt help us either given our style, but they had to deal with it too (less of a problem with the ball over the top thing). Nothing else to see here.

Back
Top Bottom