Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane has to be firing on all cylinders or he mustn't start. He so dominate up front that he dictates the way we play. He's the focal, point of our attack and when he's 100% he's a match winner. When he's missing, we seem to be more flexible on how we get forward and have different options so its an option, for me not to ply him if res not fit.

Just heard Utd Lost-City Chaps.

No one will be dropped for this match but some will be rested/rotated. We need to win after losing yesterday or our top 4 challenge will get a bit nervy. We are in a habit of starting slow and conceding the first goal. The team picked must be picked to reverse this. Therefore our faster/attacking FB's Aurier and Rose should play if fit. Toby should play instead of Sanchez. Son & possibly Moura should replace Lamela and either Dele or Kane. really need to start fast and get a lead and have Kane/Dele on bench to come on if needed. I would expect those that played yesterday and not playing Tuesday to be back for the semi.

Under Poch, we usually bounce back pretty well after a defeat - and this has definitely been true in the league since our last loss against Man City.

Really hope we come out the traps hard against Brighton. Yesterday should be a bit of a wake up call to the squad as I think we were caught underestimating Stoke and need to up our levels for the run in and FA Cup.

The one given for me is Wanyama in for Dembele (one needs resting and the other needs pitch time). We made hard work of beating them at Wembley and they have a decent home record so not expecting an easy game but 3 points would be most welcome.

We're not going to miss out on top four (holy grail for some) now and Vorm is the btter keeper, so change it now.
I know Hugo has been a bit iffy lately and personally wouldn't complain if Poch switched him out, but do you genuinely think Vorm is the better goalie?

Both points are right.

I just want a win. Silly to be so concerned though.

First loss this year.

If we are as good as we think then it should be okay.

Brighton lost as well of course!

That’s good that you feel nervous and it shows we have come a long way that losses rarely happen nowadays but Poch has shown that after we lose he has gotten our team into shape. Look at our run after we last lost to Citeh. I wouldn’t hesitate to say we will our remaining matches.

Both points are right.

I just want a win. Silly to be so concerned though.

First loss this year.

If we are as good as we think then it should be okay.

Brighton lost as well of course!

Its games like this that you realise just how important those points dropped against Burnley, WBA and Swansea etc.
Massive, massive points. You cant win every game obviously, but wasting 100 chances against relegation fodder can be deadly. Had we held on for one more minute against Burnley, we could have gone above Liverpool by two points tomorrow.

Spilled milk and all that, but this is why I dont get that attitude at the start of the season, when people start saying "why are you melting after just 5 games".....

My concern about this game is that players will want to conserve their energy, avoid injury etc. We need to play a few players who aren't guaranteed to start the semi so they play well and show they deserve a place against Utd.

Vorm will probably play the FA Cup semi final as he's been out Cup keeper. And I'd have no problem with that
The 'cup keeper' slot is a really helpful way to drop Lloris for the semi while sparing his blushes.

I'm certain that, if that's the case, we'll not be dropping him against Brighton. That'd raise a lot of eyebrows and could be unnecessarily savage.

My concern about this game is that players will want to conserve their energy, avoid injury etc. We need to play a few players who aren't guaranteed to start the semi so they play well and show they deserve a place against Utd.

I know that really he's already 'gone' - but if Alderweireld doesn't start against Brighton then his freezing out of the team is (perhaps like Walker in the FA cup semi last year) in danger of being a detriment to our results.

Surely this is a good time to use him, regardless of whether he goes in the summer (perhaps to help conserve Vertonghen's energy).

Back
Top Bottom