Spurs vs Fulham (a) 04.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm as relieved as anyone on here to see a win. I was hoping also to also see a good performance which may push us forward as a team to compete for top 4. I saw us blagg our way through this game. I have always shown support for AVB and believed in him, at the moment I've lost all confidence in him. I feel the team reflects his management style - it's football Jim but not as we know it. His coaching is learnt from text books, that is clear and it shows.

People just say this because it sounds good. Our football looked alright when we broke out of the back and Paulinho had that awful miss. It was also pretty good when Stekelenberg made that wonder save on Paulinho late in the game.

We had plenty of chances today that were messed up by players on the field but since we didn't convert them it is AVB's fault. Logical fallacy IMO.

Good win. Great night.

Stood in front of two people that wouldn't stop moaning, pretty much from kick off. Ended up having a row and went and sat with a few pals at the front for the rest of the first half. Ended up going back to our original seats for the second half, as it was getting a bit crowded. These 2 fellas were going mental at 1 nil down. Boo's Chadli coming on and comes out with this gem ' If we win now, I know fuck all about football and you can call me whatever you like'......... He got abused.

:holtbytongue:

If Berbatov IS looking for a way out of Fulham in January, I think of somewhere he can come!
That pass for their goal made me wanna invent a time machine, and cause some kind of delay on the M6 up to Manchester!! Nothing serious, Half an hour would've done it!!!

Good win. Great night.

Stood in front of two people that wouldn't stop moaning, pretty much from kick off. Ended up having a row and went and sat with a few pals at the front for the rest of the first half. Ended up going back to our original seats for the second half, as it was getting a bit crowded.

I'm amazed you could see the game from the Paxton!!!

These 2 fellas were going mental at 1 nil down. Boo's Chadli coming on and comes out with this gem ' If we win now, I know fuck all about football and you can call me whatever you like'......... He got abused.
:

GOOD! But I bet he fucking celebrated! There should be a rule to say you're not allowed to celebrate a winning goal during a game in which you have boo'd your own players!! like a sin-bin punishment!

The 'worst' team isn't a fixed thing which you can judge yourselves against.

The new manager got a performance out of Berbatov.......and a motivated Berbatov is still too good for every defence in the league

Sick and tired of negativity to be honest, if you think this shit doesn't seep into other fans and then into the players then you are wrong.
Are you suggesting we all wear blinkers and not make comment?
Football is a game fueled by passion, this reflects on supporters post match reflections. No one wants a negative atmosphere - I've seen positive comments that are totally in cockooland and doesn't reflect the true status of the performance and the team.
If we all became neutral, lovey dovey - glass half full kind of supporters, its all a bit - not football for me.

"They say football's a matter of life and death-but it's more important than That" Shankly

I'd say our biggest 'flaw' is we don't seem to know what to do against teams who are 'up for it'.... And I wonder if this is because it's a random, unpredictable factor that AVB's coaching manual doesn't have a chapter for!

...bloody hell, now you've got ME at it, WE WON FFS!!
AVB made changes that coped with the situation in hand, and we reaped the rewards... now whether it can be argued that he could/should've pre-empted that Fulham would be 'up for it' due to their new Coach and set up the starting XI like that in the first place is up for debate (I know WE all knew they'd be up for it... who isn't against us?)

Last edited:
People just say this because it sounds good. Our football looked alright when we broke out of the back and Paulinho had that awful miss. It was also pretty good when Stekelenberg made that wonder save on Paulinho late in the game.

We had plenty of chances today that were messed up by players on the field but since we didn't convert them it is AVB's fault. Logical fallacy IMO.
Fulham matched us until their old guard tired. At points in the game their football was better - tactically , Meulensteen got it right and we struggled at times. They missed plenty of chances as well. Parker and Karagounis bossed the middle. I agree we had moments but so did they.
I hope we can build on this performance-its December and we are still building the team?

I think AVB sums it up nicely. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eved-victory-Spurs-Fulham-lifts-pressure.html

And sorry but it's utterly ridiculous those calling for his head. I struggle to sum up a counter argument because there's so many things I could say it just gets too much.
  • Effectively 9 new players in the squad including Townsend and Rose
  • 3 points off 4th spot
  • Starting to click and creating more and more chances, only being let down by finishing
  • Much more defensively solid, 7 clean sheets and rarely conceding set pieces
  • Had tougher fixtures than most teams around us
  • More points than we took from the same fixtures last year so on course for another record tally
  • Fulham were going to be a tough team to beat because new manager = ridiculous work rate for a few games
  • AVB's substitutions were very attacking and pretty much won us the game
  • More open game which is what people were asking for is it not?!?
  • STILL GETTING RESULTS DESPITE STUPID AMOUNTS OF NEGATIVITY FROM MANY FANS!

I think AVB sums it up nicely. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eved-victory-Spurs-Fulham-lifts-pressure.html

And sorry but it's utterly ridiculous those calling for his head. I struggle to sum up a counter argument because there's so many things I could say it just gets too much.
  • Effectively 9 new players in the squad including Townsend and Rose
  • 3 points off 4th spot
  • Starting to click and creating more and more chances, only being let down by finishing
  • Much more defensively solid, 7 clean sheets and rarely conceding set pieces
  • Had tougher fixtures than most teams around us
  • More points than we took from the same fixtures last year so on course for another record tally
  • Fulham were going to be a tough team to beat because new manager = ridiculous work rate for a few games
  • AVB's substitutions were very attacking and pretty much won us the game
  • More open game which is what people were asking for is it not?!?
  • STILL GETTING RESULTS DESPITE STUPID AMOUNTS OF NEGATIVITY FROM MANY FANS!
I think supporters frustration are being misinterpreted for negativity? Your facts might be right but stats can deceive.

Last edited:
AVB may not have got his tactics spot on but a win is a win none the less and correct me if I am wrong but this was the first time all season AVB made 3 attacking substitions.

I think Holtby didn't sleep last night. He was just watching Sky over and over again. God, some goals of Vlad and Lewis. Holtby deserved it anyway.

969.gif

Watching MOTD now after watching the Fulham game and what's scarey is that some teams are playing some classy football yet we're playing total shit. AVB is like a boy in a sweet shop with too much choice.

We got lucky tonight and with the upcoming game against Liverpool who might smash us??:avbfacepalm:We're a car crash waiting to happen!! I can't bear this.......
Take of Suarez early, give him some his own stuff back and we are right!

Good win. Great night.

Stood in front of two people that wouldn't stop moaning, pretty much from kick off. Ended up having a row and went and sat with a few pals at the front for the rest of the first half. Ended up going back to our original seats for the second half, as it was getting a bit crowded. These 2 fellas were going mental at 1 nil down. Boo's Chadli coming on and comes out with this gem ' If we win now, I know fuck all about football and you can call me whatever you like'......... He got abused.

:holtbytongue:

Someone near me described Sandro being subbed for Chadli as "negative AVB bullshit"

For a moment, I'd naturally assumed he was BAE's bodyguard...
:levystare::bae::levystare:

...but looking closely, there's too many 'ties', double chins and fur-lined hoods for that to be the away end...

Spurs boards angry about performance after winning. Fulham boards absolutely delighted with performance after a loss. Whatever you guys are smoking over there in jolly'ol, I want some.

Back
Top Bottom