Spurs vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any young striker we can bring in from our reserves so that Kane can sit for awhile?

We don't want to rest Kane. His lack of goals is not because he's knackered. If it's confidence then he needs to be playing.

If you ask me - he needs to stop going out to the wing. Just play as a striker and wait for the ball. Pretty sure his drifting out wide is a Pochard instruction too.

Really not sure at the moment what kind of team we are meant to be. Counter attacking, high pressing? More confused that ever.

yeah, this is my feeling too, still lacking a clear identity.

we didn't press high at all in the first half and yet managed to get our knickers in a twist a bit when they employed the tactic. 2nd half we came out and pressed higher but not as effectively as liverpool executed it. the supposed superior fitness didn't factor much today.

I thought they shaded it tbf - can't help thinking they might have got something out the game if sturridge had been playing

Blaming the ref does not cut it: We have to start taking our chances and scoring goals. When we have our strongest team out we kill them like Shitty game. We need to buy at least another striker and rotate more but Dembele must start in the big games.

We don't want to rest Kane. His lack of goals is not because he's knackered. If it's confidence then he needs to be playing.

If you ask me - he needs to stop going out to the wing. Just play as a striker and wait for the ball. Pretty sure his drifting out wide is a Pochard instruction too.

I thought he played we'll and was unlucky!

Have faith!

:kaneear:

When are people going to really start worrying about Harry, two clear cut chances straight at the keeper again. it is seriously costing us points in these drawn games thats the long and short of it.
We have no other options though so we will run him into the ground till hes burnt out and then be truly fucked up top.

PLEASE let Son be fit next weekend, leave him home on thursday!

yeah, this is my feeling too, still lacking a clear identity.

we didn't press high at all in the first half and yet managed to get our knickers in a twist a bit when they employed the tactic. 2nd half we came out and pressed higher but not as effectively as liverpool executed it. the supposed superior fitness didn't factor much today.

I thought they shaded it tbf - can't help thinking they might have got something out the game if sturridge had been playing

Yes ur right but so wd we if Dier had been playing and I think a partnership between him and Moose cd be awesome,

:dembelewtf:

Better in the 2nd half Danny Rose...thank god.
Alli...great to see a more disciplined performance...it was needed.
Moussa...perhaps one of your best HMF performances.
Eriksen much more involved than he was before his enforced layoff....p.s. stop taking corner kicks, your trajectory is too low...maybe it's a result of your free-kick technique.
Hugo said midweek we have to take our chances...sorry HK but you didn't.
Defence...you go D.........

I'm one of his biggest critics but Dembele was enormous. Still believe he should only be played against teams that attack us. Against teams that sit back against us, I think his build up play is too slow. Interesting to see if Dier slots straight back in, would imagine he would.
Really missing Son's clinical finishing and build up. Maybe when fully fit we'll go with a Dier and Mason duo with Son Alli and Eriksen further ahead?

i suspect some of this is down to kane's eagerness to help out and make things happen - we don't always play with proper wingers that hog the touchline and when the back 4 need to play it long into the channels kane offers himself

When are people going to really start worrying about Harry, two clear cut chances straight at the keeper again. it is seriously costing us points in these drawn games thats the long and short of it.
We have no other options though so we will run him into the ground till hes burnt out and then be truly fucked up top.

PLEASE let Son be fit next weekend, leave him home on thursday!
PhysioRoom have him coming back first week in November.

Was well pleased with Dembele, put in a great shift, especially defensively.
He was excellent . Creates very little offensively for us but you always feel safe when he is on the ball. He is rarely wasteful. Kane is having a frustrating time. All round play is very good but he is trying too hard to be the "man" & having a poke at goal when there are much better options. Defensively we look strong as fuck. Still unbeaten since day one in the league. Upwards & onwards we go. COYS

I hate this rest Harry Kane stuff he's one of the brightest prospects in the game and he needs to play , I think he's more of a Sheringham than a Shearer so don't expect to see him to be a 30 goal a season man but if he plays his whole career in the premier league he will be up there in the all time scoring charts. A dead cert to become a Spurs legend.

I see the new narrative now..in the spring the usual "we shouldn't have lost to the relegation candidates" will be replaced by "we shouldn't have drawn half our games" :pochfacepalm: 3 wins in 9..

I am old school, in that poch needs time to really put his mark down at the club. So this season we are going into the end of October unbeaten in the league since the opening day and that from a match we deserved something from.

7 goals conceded so far in the league? I remember the years when we were a soft touch, poch has sorted us defensively and we have a tougher core than I can recall of thirty plus years supporting spurs.

Yes, we are still deficient, we all know it, so does poch and a new striker is desperately needed in the January window. We all knew in August that expecting Kane to lead the front line alone was unreasonable and not fair on a young player still developing.

I am more optimistic about this spurs squad than since the late 80's. Sure we played some great stuff under redknapp but it all felt short term with bargain buys, this squad is young,hungry and seem together. I think we will some hiccups along the way, but I like what is happening at spurs.

Clean sheet. Best result we've had against them for a very long time. After the awful start to the match I'm happy with that result. Sure, Milner should have had 3 yellows, but Lamela should have been sent off too, so it somewhat evens itself out (though Milner's in the box was BS).

Back
Top Bottom