Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't seem to be a team that has our recovering players play in reserve games do we?

I remember Lallana playing for Liverpool reserves (against us funnily enough) on his return from injury last year. I think he may even have got sent off for tussling with one of our youngsters. I also remember Wilshere (lol) playing for Woolwich reserves on his return from injury too.

I think the only first team player to play after an injury in the last 5 or even 10 years was Lamela last year for one game

Team for tonight:

Not many players in that team anywhere near knocking on the first team door IMO, which is slightly concerning...

Edit: Poch and Jesus watching from the stands.

Last edited:
Team for tonight:

Not many players in that team anywhere near knocking on the first team door IMO, which is slightly concerning...

That central midfield partnership with Tracey up front (ugh) is pretty uninspiring IMO. I know some people like Duncan, but for me he's just not quite up to it, and I'd say the same of Marsh.

That central midfield partnership with Tracey up front (ugh) is pretty uninspiring IMO. I know some people like Duncan, but for me he's just not quite up to it, and I'd say the same of Marsh.

A real drop in quality in comparison to a couple of years ago when we had the likes of Onomah, Winks, KWP, CCV and even Edwards all in the same side...

I wonder if Skipp is considered part of the first team squad now - he's still so young but taking him along to Newcastle, even as a spare man, said a lot.

Being part of the First Team squad seems to be both good and bad news - the bad news being Poch doesn't like you playing for the u23's, so playing time is very restricted in the first team and nothing else.

I was surprised Oakley-Boothe was not in the u23 squad for the game.

Would much prefer to see Harrison getting game time - much more to offer than Tracey as striker IMO - whether he stays or goes on loan.

Not a great fan of Tracey but think his best position would be a right sided AM to utilise his power and running. Nothing to offer as a striker, one reason being he rarely scores

Being part of the First Team squad seems to be both good and bad news - the bad news being Poch doesn't like you playing for the u23's, so playing time is very restricted in the first team and nothing else.

I was surprised Oakley-Boothe was not in the u23 squad for the game.

Yeah, it would be a shame for Skipps to essentially miss a whole year of U23 football just to train under Poch. Unless he gets some game time in the cups, could stall his progress significantly.

Also, Oakley-Boothe is carrying an injury.

Yeah, it would be a shame for Skipps to essentially miss a whole year of U23 football just to train under Poch. Unless he gets some game time in the cups, could stall his progress significantly.

I thought Oakley-Boothe had been seen in training - although maybe he's still not in full training yet.

There’s form for this happening - see Onomah and KWP who both stagnated/went backwards.

Another one that's stagnated a bit - couple of years ago he was looking like he could be a decent player - a real eye for a goal, bit like Dele, always seemed to pop up in the right places.

Didn't someone say Poch doesn't rate him?

Team for tonight:

I just don’t understand how Tracey and Duncan get in that team ahead of Roles and Harrison.

The Tracey thing is like the Sissoko first team thing. It really puts questions over the rationale of our coaches and head coach. What are we prioritising here? I really hoped English football had left those dark decades of prioritising physicality over technique/finesse behind.

I don’t understand why they can’t train with the first team and still play u23 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom