Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Loans more often than not get announced towards the 2nd half/end of the TW I guess because the clubs have a better idea then as to how their first team transfer business is shaping up and that might determine whether an u21' needs to stay at the club for cover or can go on loan.

But I am expecting a number of loans either to develop the player for Spurs or because he player may be released at end of the season and this is a chance for them to showcase their abilities to clubs.

Aside from fringe first teamers possibly going on Loan (eg. Skipp, Tanganga) if they are not expected to get many first team minutes at Spurs, a few of the others who might go on loan are :

Austin and/or Whiteman and/or Dr Bie
Hinds
Dinzeyi
Eyoma
Lyons Foster
Possibly Cirkin
Possibly Binks
Oakley- Boothe
Etc

Not sure how many go on loan , maybe 10, as it's a balance between developing players on loan and keeping a functioning u21' team with a core of older players.

But I suspect you know most of this !
We can’t let all these players go on loan as we won’t have much of an u23 team left at all. I was thinking a couple of the older ones and the rest maybe beginning of next season .

We can’t let all these players go on loan as we won’t have much of an u23 team left at all. I was thinking a couple of the older ones and the rest maybe beginning of next season .

True

But we have something like 30 players in development squad (see first page of this thread) so plenty to loan out whilst leaving an u21' team.

This video highlights the Madrid setup, which is one I think we need to look at in order to see what we have in our setup. Loans are not a bad thing and will help develop the players. If they don’t make it, they don’t make it, but at least their careers are somewhat on the move. I can’t believe how many players we hold and just stagnate their careers,

Think it would help the youngsters though. More important that we get quality players in the first team than having a competitive U23s.
I agree but most players ain't gonna make it with us but we have to encourage players to join us. We seem to have successfully done that over the years.
I can't recall many having bad word to say about our system and we are not paying £180k a week like Chelsea to Hudson-Okoi.

How many youth games are obligatory?

It averages maybe one game a week for u18s and u21s, rarely two games a week.

So with almost 30 players in development squad ( imo we need a major full of 10 to 15 players this summer) plus an Academy year 2 which has the likes of Cirkin, Binks, Walcott, White, Bennett and Etete ,( not to mention Parrott), so half a team ready for u21' football, we can easily put out a decent u21' team even if we send maybe 10 of the current development squad out on loan.

That then leaves the u18 matches to be played by the other half of Academy Year 2 not playing u21' football plus Academy Year 1 and a few u16s who have started playing u18 football regularly.

Problem at the moment is we have far more players in the youth system than games to play them in .....

Spurs u21s at home (Stevenage) to Chelsea @ 19.00 tonight.

You would have to guess there will be a number of scouts from lower league sides evaluating players for loans for the rest of the season.

I agree but most players ain't gonna make it with us but we have to encourage players to join us. We seem to have successfully done that over the years.
I can't recall many having bad word to say about our system and we are not paying £180k a week like Chelsea to Hudson-Okoi.

It‘s true, most won‘t make it. But I still think that getting them out on loan is the best way to develop them. (Edit: From a certain point. E.g. 18-22 years of age) Look at the likes of Roles and Amos currently. Even if Roles never makes it in our first team, the way he is currently playing for Cambridge will make a club take a chance on him, when we decide to sell.

Not sure many would do that, going purely on his achievements in virtually non-competitive U-23s football.

Fairly similar line up to recent u21' matches, with several possible not available having played for u18s at the weekend (eg Cirkin, White)

Btw the Clarke on the bench is Rayan Clarke (RW) not Jack Clarke

I had to switch off the U23s, near enough unwatchable in the second half. Major lack of creativity/decision-making. Majorly missing White, Bennett, Parrott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom