Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to switch off the U23s, near enough unwatchable in the second half. Major lack of creativity/decision-making. Majorly missing White, Bennett, Parrott.
Wise choice. I watched 2nd half at the same time as the Leeds game.
Hinds was OK, nice run by TOB until he was fouled. That is all.

I had to switch off the U23s, near enough unwatchable in the second half. Major lack of creativity/decision-making. Majorly missing White, Bennett, Parrott.

Think one of the problems in promoting almost 100% of Academy Year 2 into the deve!moment squad last year (usually we lose 30% to 50%) is we have a lot of players needing games in u21s - even though we know few have a chance to make it with Spurs or even at anything above League 1 -. And the quality of u21' team as a whole is less than we would want as it's filled with too many average players.

Also means that there is self imposed pressure on u21' coach to stop the most talented players from Academy (eg. White Bennett, Binks, Cirkin) and those training with the first team (Parrott, Tanganga) from playing u21' football.

if we are to continue having a large development squad, thought needs to be given to a separate and parallel set of friendlies so that more players can get games - almost a parallel with Brentford who gave up having a. Academy but select u21s from player released from other academies and organise a number of friendlies for those players.

FA Youth Cup on Wednesday away v Wigan

I'd guess most of the U18 team who played on Saturday will feature, but I do wonder whether Parrott and Cirkin ( both training with first team) will be called back for this one - club used to take FA Youth Cup quite seriously.

Likely there will be radio commentary as there was for Spurs v Liverpool in the previous round - link will be on

Still think he might have been better to move up a league (Mason went from a League 1 loan into PL but cannot recall anyone moving directly from a League 2 loan to PL).

But continuity, hopefully means more games played and more goals/assists to help his reputation.

Decent short videos of his Cambridge goals

No Parrott ( who scored twice in the last round v Liverpool)

First appearance of season of GK Isaac Solberg on the bench - one of two his on bench

No real match winners on bench - closest would be u16 Dante Cassanover who is a midfielder I believe or Romaine Mundle also a midfielder

Last edited:

No Parrott ( who scored twice in the last round v Liverpool)

First appearance of season of GK Isaac Solberg on the bench - one of two his on bench

No real match winners on bench - closest would be u16 Dante Cassanover who is a midfielder I believe or Romaine Mundle also a midfielder

I hope Dante Cassanover makes it into our first team for that name alone. Wow.

Such a young man, and already has issues with his hips? That's a huge shame. Let's hope he figures out a way to improve this, through the correct training regime.

I get the impression players these days seem to have more issues than in the past.

But I wonder if it's actually a case, of us a) getting more information about the youth setup and b) better monitoring of their fitness / bodies.
Where a player in the past with such issues would have just been flogged and then either would never make it in to a first team, or been forced to end their career at 26.

Such a young man, and already has issues with his hips? That's a huge shame. Let's hope he figures out a way to improve this, through the correct training regime.

I get the impression players these days seem to have more issues than in the past.

But I wonder if it's actually a case, of us a) getting more information about the youth setup and b) better monitoring of their fitness / bodies.
Where a player in the past with such issues would have just been flogged and then either would never make it in to a first team, or been forced to end their career at 26.

Less purine forming foods, less simple sugars, more Calcium, some MSM, sorted...

Hackett who usually plays CB for England and Spurs youth played LB whilst Cassanova who usually plays in midfield as an 8 or 10 played RB.

Cirkin (usually LB) played in midfield alongside Skinner who joined us from Bury as a CB but last few games seems to have played as a DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom