Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit I'm surprised that Roles is staying at Cambridge. I'm an ST at MK and get to about half the away games and the gap between L1 and L2 is vast.

Roles seems to be too good for L2 level and so you'd think that he should be challenged in L1 for the rest of the season. The only thing I can think of is that we are worried that he might not get game time in League 1 but he'd a useful addition at MK or any other team in the bottom half (maybe not Southend...)
Cirkin and Parrot also seem ready for a loan at this level. And if Skipp isn't going to get more game time he should be looking at the Championship. Unfortunately it seems too late for KWP...
Im a ST at MK too.

I’d love Roles at MK. They need someone from midfield to be creative and chip in with goals although gilby starting to get the goals.

Watched the Reading/QPR game because I wanted to have a look at Eze and also see how Amos is doing.

Eze is a lively fucker for sure, considering our lack of young attacking options I can see why we’d be interested, he’s powerful, direct and has a trick, obviously still raw though.

Amos is no world beater but is a better DCM than both Sissoko and Dier. Much better on the ball than both. Good composure under pressure, passes crisply, presses a bit better (more mobile) and averages double the tackles/interceptions than both of them.

Stupid decision to pack him off on loan knowing Wanyama was potentially fucked and Dier being half man half elephant.

The last time we actually had a functioning midfield was probably the pre season when Skipp/Marsh/Amos played together.

I agree with the sentiment, that you would rather he was playing for Spurs. But look at Skipp, barely getting any minutes. In that sense, I think it was the best choice to loan him out. At least he's getting games.

Would probably be behind Skipp in the pecking order at Spurs and not even get in the matchday squad. I get your opinion, that you'd rather see him play, ahead of Dier and Sissoko, but I doubt that would have been the case. Maybe him getting a full season of 1st team football will stand him in good stead come next season.

Looks like Jack Roles is expected to stay at Cambridge ?

Not sure on Paul Brush suitability as Loan Officer - was pretty poor as an u23 coach but must have been doing something right as he's been at Spurs academy for 6 or 7 years after an unimpressive set of lower league assistant manager appointments. WindyCOYS WindyCOYS - any thoughts on Brush ? Certainly think we need a Loan Officer and it maybe Brush appointed short term after Pochs no loan policy was reversed ?

I don't really know a great deal about Brush but he wasn't great when briefly in charge of the U23s and frankly who knows if he's a good judge of player. But if the hierarchy trust him I suppose that's half the battle. The key in this role, I think, is being a good relationship-builder and also being very player-focused and not scared to make longer-term decisions.

Re: Roles' extension at Cambridge; one half of me is disappointed we've not moved him up to a L1 club but the other thinks that stability is probably a good idea. He's so popular there and playing well and it's not as if he's playing well and scoring every week - he's had some spells on the sidelines too.

I am expecting a lot of loan deals this window.

Cirkin has been training with first team since Mourhino name checked him a couple of weeks ago.

18 year old is one of best LBs to come through Spurs Academy system for a few years. Physically well developed might just get on bench v Middlesbrough as we are short at LB with Davies and Rose out, with Vertonghen providing cover for a few games and now Sessegnon.

Anyone heard of any of our other youngsters Possibly going on loan this month ?

No.

Loans more often than not get announced towards the 2nd half/end of the TW I guess because the clubs have a better idea then as to how their first team transfer business is shaping up and that might determine whether an u21' needs to stay at the club for cover or can go on loan.

But I am expecting a number of loans either to develop the player for Spurs or because he player may be released at end of the season and this is a chance for them to showcase their abilities to clubs.

Aside from fringe first teamers possibly going on Loan (eg. Skipp, Tanganga) if they are not expected to get many first team minutes at Spurs, a few of the others who might go on loan are :

Austin and/or Whiteman and/or Dr Bie
Hinds
Dinzeyi
Eyoma
Lyons Foster
Possibly Cirkin
Possibly Binks
Oakley- Boothe
Etc

Not sure how many go on loan , maybe 10, as it's a balance between developing players on loan and keeping a functioning u21' team with a core of older players.

But I suspect you know most of this !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom