Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whether he wasn't properly looked after in London by Spurs (must be a big change aged 16 to moving city) or not motivated enough/friends were bad influence etc is not clear - the first I think is better done now but the motivation and friends with bad influence will always be a problem.
I always got the idea that we just weren't professional enough at the Academy. Remember reading a post on another Spurs board from someone who had been in the Academy, as well as at Palace I think. Said Palace were streets ahead at looking after people, training, pretty much everything. For a while it seemed we were producing one top class pro from the youth every 5-10 years. Every time I looked at Palace it seemed like they'd produced half the team locally.

If Levy has got one very important thing very right, it's the Academy. It's been outstanding the past 10 years or so, and even when a ricket's been made it's more to do with the Club's manager - Poch, Madueke, Binks, etc. Or a player goijng so far off the rails that not even a one to one with the Chairman works (Caulker).

I'd like to think that we've learnt from the past and wouldn't let a Thyer happen again.

One of the best youngsters I saw for our academy was Leigh Mills.

Really thought he was going to make it - but like so many, didn't make it. Plays non league football and is now a PE Teacher. And he's only 32.

Lavinier starts at RB (started at LB to accommodate Malachi Walcott at RB last week) with Markanday once again filling in at LB with Cirkin presumably not available afte rthe sad death of his father a few weeks ago.

Otherwise from the order of line up as if Marsh, John and Devine are the midfielders (Bowden seems not to have got back to pre-injury form and starts on bench) with a CB partnership of Lyons-Foster and Omole.

Bennett and Scarlett seem to be either side of Etete.

Woolwich score an early goal with Etete equalising to give a HT score of 1 - 1.

Bowden comes on at HT to replace Marsh, and not long after that Spurs miss a penalty.

Thorpe replaced Etete in the latter stages of game which ended 1-1.

Its a shame nobody can attend game, and hence no independent feedback can be given on the performance of players, and hasn't been for a year on players who have come through the academy.

And we have no idea whether Lavenier (at one time a highly regarded youth player at E u17 and E u18, but lost out at Chelsea with the emergence of James, now knocking on England squad door, and Lamptney sold to Brighton due to James emergence at RB) might be a realistic contender for Spurs first team or is just an u23 squad filler - and similar for Omole who was a stalwart for Woolwich u23 and trained with their first team before seeking a better half of North London. I guess we find that out if they are involved in next pre-season or given new contracts - both are around the age of 20

Eyoma very much a key part of Lincoln squad now after 22 starts in League 1 (1788 minutes played) topped up with 5 in EFL trophy, 3 in EL cup and 1 in FA Cup which bring total first team minutes played to 2,588 this season - the most of any loanee I think. Played probably 90% of his games as RB and the remainder as CB.

Whilst I have caught the odd match and highlights of Eyoma in Lincoln's games its really difficult to estimate whether he is a genuine contender for Spurs first team or not - he c an get up and down the right flank well enough and cross well enough, but I do wonder if he is still playing with the mindset of a CB ?

Spurs u18 play Brighton at Hotspur way on Saturday ko at 11.30

With Scarlett and Devine starting in Spurs u23 match today, Friday, the one near certainty is neither will take part in this match.

I guess Donley will step up again from u16's to play the striker role, which he has done very well at in u18 games before this season.

I literally had to double check that Lavinier was our player!
RB -he may be on the bench for the 1st team soon. :rolleyes:

I think Lavenier has played in 100% of u23 games this season.

With lock down so little information on Spurs youth has got out that we have no idea which youngsters have been training with the first team - except through JM's press interviews where he's admitted that White, Clarke and Cirkin have, but given the first two also made a number of squads, it wasn't much of a revelation.

So whether Lavinier has is a complete unknown !

ParrottMillwallbench
CARTER-VICKERS CameronBournemouthno game
SKIPP OliverNorwich90
CLARKE JackStokestarts
EyomaLincolnstarts
WhitePortsmouthno game
OkedinaCambridgestarts
TraceyCambridgebench
SESSEGNON RyanHoffenheimnot in squad
FOYTH JuanVillareal20:00
AustinOrlando CitySunday
Fagan-WalcottDundee FCstarts