Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only seems yesterday that Alex Ferguson tried to sell him for £6m after half a dozen starts for ManU and he wouldn't extend his contract. And of course Ferguson fury when he came to us via Standard Liege with ManU not getting many £'s for him.

One of those players that because Ferguson rated that we and everyone else thought he must be good (and we sold him to PL Crystal Palace), but he's moved to a lot of clubs including National League before coming back into League 2. Good luck to him ..... and hope he stays fit (one of his problems),

As you may know, one of our former Spurs Youth, Dominic Ball, has written and had published a book, "From winning teams to broken dreams", in which he tells the story about his and his friends' aspirations to become professional footballers. The book, imo, does well to portray the ups and downs of talented players chasing their dreams through English youth football. An interesting read that gives some insight into their struggles.

I would recommend it to anyone who finds youth football fascinating, and to anyone who ever utters about a professional footballer things like "He is shit" or "a fraud".

A bigger clear out of the 2nd year Academy lads than I had expected with only a few given pro contracts, and those included Sayers and Devine who were both recruited having proved themselves at other clubs, so not that many came through the academy.

I do wonder if this has at least been partly driven by Paratrici who was reported by journos of having said that too many of the Spurs academy lads were never going to make it, as they lacked the physical characteristics needed and were over coached. He is reported to have brought in more youth recruitment staff to change the ethos.

Regardless this is now the under 23, squad :

GK - Hayton, Maguire
CB - Muir, Walcott, Paskotsi, Sayers (LCB/LB)
RWB - Lavinier (now over 21)
LWB - Cesay (utility player - can play RM, CM and RWB as well)
CM - Lyons Foster (now over 21) , Craig, White, Bowden, John
AM - Mathurin, Santiago Alonso, Robson, Mundle, Devine
Striker - Etete, Parrott, Scarlett

A total of 22 players - but of these I'd expect a number to go out on loan (or possibly be involved with first team squad) including Lavinier, White, Bowden, John, Etete, Parrott, Devine and Scarlett (total 8 loanees - but maybe others too)

Which brings squad numbers able to play u21 football down to 14, although a couple more could be out on loan, so I do wonder if Paratici will suggest bringing in a few players from other clubs who are in the 17-21 age group. Obvious positions to fill would be wing backs and forwards (most of our existing squad in those positions may well be on loan).

Of next seasons Academy Year 2, I'd imagine Jamie Donley (striker) is the most likely to be involved in u21's

Gloch scored for Israel. What's the spiel on him?
Very talented. Jumped to the senior squad of Maccabi Tel Aviv with instant impact. Local media reports Ajax and BVB are sniffing hard with a valuation of 5-10m.
I actually thought Israelov and Lemkin at CB were excellent and are worth a gamble.

Devine has talent but he needs good midfielders around him to do his thing. Scarlett idk… I saw him throughout the tournament but unlike Devine I’m not positive he has a successful senior career ahead of him. It’s really difficult with strikers. I think he needs a structured integration with successive league one and championship loans as he’s not ready for our senior squad.

Other than that I think this England team is much less talented than 2017 with Foden and cunt-Rowe. Italy and France had more raw talent on paper

Peru beat Paraguay on penalties, taking them to the semi finals of Copa America so its unlikely their goalkeeper will be back to play for Orlando City either on Sunday or next Thuesday, meaning Brandon Austin has the chance of his 4th anf 5th ,match in goal for Orlando City - so far its 3 wins with Austin in goal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom