Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Joking aside, he's short (but Sergio Aguero for example is only about 5' 8'') and has put on a lot of muscle in the last 12 months, but that doesn't seem to have affected his speed or agility (which has happened with other players putting on muscle at that age) and he's got a very powerful accurate shot.

I did wonder if pre-season u21's v non league sides was too easy, and that was the reason why he got 5 goals, but he's carried that into u21 season with great performances against firstly Chelsea and now a hattrick against Leeds ........ so I do hope Nuno is keeping a watching eye on him.
Admittedly it will be hard to find a slot for him because he is not one for tracking back but....

Admittedly it will be hard to find a slot for him because he is not one for tracking back but....

Aged 21 a couple of days ago, so I wouldn't always expect a 'complete' player.

But hopefully this season is long enough for coaches to help player change any less desirable habits as well as improve on strengths.

Jamie Bowden (Oldham Athletic)

Bowden is on loan for the very first time after departing for Oldham at the start of the month.

After getting a couple of appearances under his belt, he had found himself having to isolate.

As reported by The Oldham Times, the youngster's absence is in fact due to isolation under Covid protocols.

The publication states that the player was expected to report back to Boundary Park on Monday, which meant he missed out as Oldham lost 2-1 to Colchester United at home.

Blimey, Markanday took his goals well (John too of course)!

Not sure I can remember a player like Makanday in Spurs u21's before.

6 months ago I'd have said 'he's like Marcus Edwards, lots of skill on the ball but a lightweight right winger'.

Now he's put on a bit of muscle and become a stand in striker, he seems to have changed into a highly skilled goal scoring striker. Might be premature and fanciful but I can see a totally different player emerging - and a role model of Serge Aguero maybe ?

Obviously a huge leap to get to Serge status ...... but 5 goals in preseason, a goal and MOTM against Chelsea, followed by a hat-trick against Leeds, and the raw ingredients seem to be coming together, and that powerful accurate shooting (2nd goal v Leeds) will never go out of fashion ?

We can dream !

Not sure I can remember a player like Makanday in Spurs u21's before.

6 months ago I'd have said 'he's like Marcus Edwards, lots of skill on the ball but a lightweight right winger'.

Now he's put on a bit of muscle and become a stand in striker, he seems to have changed into a highly skilled goal scoring striker. Might be premature and fanciful but I can see a totally different player emerging - and a role model of Serge Aguero maybe ?

Obviously a huge leap to get to Serge status ...... but 5 goals in preseason, a goal and MOTM against Chelsea, followed by a hat-trick against Leeds, and the raw ingredients seem to be coming together, and that powerful accurate shooting (2nd goal v Leeds) will never go out of fashion ?

We can dream !
He'd be our first player from an Indian/Pakistani/Bangla background, right?

That would be a real boost for younger players with links to the sub-continent

Last edited:

Only ever been a handful of Indian/Pakistan/Bangladesh/South Asian players in PL (let alone Spurs), of which I think Michael Chopra (might be wrong ) former Newcastle striker might be best known. Rumours at one time we tried to sign him, but nothing came of it.

So huge news if he did make it at Spurs, even if he moved on later.

Only ever been a handful of Indian/Pakistan/Bangladesh/South Asian players in PL (let alone Spurs), of which I think Michael Chopra (might be wrong ) former Newcastle striker might be best known. Rumours at one time we tried to sign him, but nothing came of it.

I'm thinking close season tours to India and shirt sales to a population of a billion.....

:levylol:

Any news on Thorpe? He's still on the OS (in last year's jersey same as Pedder also for some reason).

Wales u21's think he is 'unattached'

Spurs contract willl have expired on 30 JUne 2021.

So as clear as mud what his position is

I think you're right about him being the first Indian.
However, the first Indian could have been the late Chun Goswami - who turned down the chance of trial for Spurs back in 1962...

Last edited:

Certainly would be exiting if he made it as a regular with us.

Kind of like those kind of players. Saw some youth games footage ages ago where he looked pretty tenacious, if tiny.

Back
Top Bottom