Start to 2020/2021 season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a stupid conflicting headline. Click bait bullshit. The moment you go on the article, it says 2022 ffs. Ridiculous and not even worth worrying about. Half those players won’t be there.

Maybe I am reading too much into it but it also neglects to mention that this will affect other clubs around us as much, if not more, trying to overstate the impact on Spurs.

The fact that Gazzanigga, Aurier, Foyth are used as examples of how this is so concerning shows how laughable the "report" is.

Fixture-Release-Updated.jpg

I know you can’t satisfy every one with regards to fixtures but if you had a home game behind closed doors at the end of last season you should have the opportunity to play that team in front of a home crowd this season. Those games should be scheduled towards the end of the season to increase the likelihood of fans being in attendance. For example, Woolwich had a crowd and home advantage against us, the return fixture was played behind closed doors so we had no home advantage. This season we play them home first in December when I would imagine the best we can hope for is a reduced attendance. We play at theirs in March when likelihood of closer to capacity home attendance is greater and gain an advantage.

Pretty punchy November/ December, but overall, not too bad.
Probably the period that will have the biggest impact on if we get CL or not. I don't think it decides if we can get Europa League. But I can easily see CL hanging in the balance on those games.

Wait so in Feb, the shortest month of the year, we play 5 PL games but in March, a 31 day month, we have only 3?!

And honestly that schedule is a killer for so many teams. The big boys with their stacked squads will be fine but for everyone else the risk of injury is very high. Should've scrapped the LC for a season. The Nation's League definitely should have been put on hold.

As for our fixtures, does home even adavantage even count at present? On paper the opening few fixtures aren't too bad but this is Spurs and we can never be too complacent!

The opening lineup of games looks good. But we cannot go into those games expecting easy wins. There are no easy games on this level.

Arrogances is the downfall of many a club. But if we can start the season strong we can afford to take a loss or two in November-December.

Back
Top Bottom