Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m gutted we didn’t get to see the best of Stevie ( bar Leicester away). I think he’ll really kick on at Ajax and become an important player for them.

Good luck Stevie 👋

When you look at that photo, you realise it's a match made in heaven. I'm happy for Stevie to get his dream move.

He will forever be remembered for Leicester away, and for that, I'm thankful.
Bit like Ronnie Rosenthal/Southampton away.... but with more riding on it!

I feel much more comfortable seeing Bergweign rejoin Ajax, than I do the idea of Eriksen joining Man Utd! (even though Christian was never here 'as a kid'... it still feels like he should be ours somehow... 😔

When you look at that photo, you realise it's a match made in heaven. I'm happy for Stevie to get his dream move.

He will forever be remembered for Leicester away, and for that, I'm thankful.
Bit like Ronnie Rosenthal/Southampton away.... but with more riding on it!

I feel much more comfortable seeing Bergweign rejoin Ajax, than I do the idea of Eriksen joining Man Utd! (even though Christian was never here 'as a kid'... it still feels like he should be ours somehow... 😔

That's not Stevie B, if you look, he hasn't got tattoo's

good luck to him, from outside it looked like he has been mistreated and robbed of a lot of minutes. how different things could of been had he finished that 1 on 1 against liverpool. oh well, best for both parties he goes now. his confidence might of taken a bit of a bashing here, but when he was called upon he didnt hide and he didnt put in half hearted performances imo.

Liked him.
Supported him despite growing derision.
Rejoiced over the Lester heroics.
Sympathised with his continued lack of minutes.

...Then left disappointed by his twitter shenanigans.

Bye-bye Bergwijn.

At least we got our money back. Won't be missed, but won't be despised either. About as good a failed signing as you're going to get.

Liked him.
Supported him despite growing derision.
Rejoiced over the Lester heroics.
Sympathised with his continued lack of minutes.

...Then left disappointed by his twitter shenanigans.

Bye-bye Bergwijn.
Will always remember the great opening goal V City on his debut. Yiddo ever since that day. And the Leicester heroics was the cherry on a pretty mediocre cake of a career for us. Good luck Stevie B.

Good luck to the lad. Still think we’ve not used him properly. Maybe we should have given him more chances after his brace against Leicester, he seemed in good confidence and maybe that was the opportunity to kick-start his career here.

Good luck, Stevie.

k8-KJ1-K-facebook.gif

could be a great buy for ajax. think for that price its very fair.
Apart from the lack of goals (and being a bit chubby), he was the perfect profile of player for us. Fairly physical, agile, good speed, good dribbler, good first touch, passing could be better, and for a time he worked hard in defence.

Better than Son in terms of dribbling, first touch and hold up, he could have been part of the next generation at Spurs.

I suspect he won't live up to his potential, doesn't have the right attitude.

Thought Contes fitness regimen worked well for him.. b4 that, 2 me he looked out of shape.in fairness so did quite few others. and given another chance he would have kicked on... I suppose the key word here is 'another"... Best of luc to him.. I'm sure in the future he'll do well for Ajax and Holland..

Back
Top Bottom