Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plenty of game-time for him to re-find his feet. Once we get the week from hell out of the way and everyone is back from internationals he should get weekly starts in the EL whilst Son/Kane/Bale rip it up in the prem.

He’s a far better RW than LW. He’s a very smart player. He will figure it out. Not worried about him at all.
This is a decent point. He seems more comfortable operating on the right.

He had a much better second half lsat night. Far more industrious than the first. But he was given nothing by the ref and the Chelsea backline were allowed to hack him down constantly.

Mourinho on Bergwijn: "He was really good and the team needed him. He was very, very important. He created and he dropped. Sorry for him that he didn't score. Physically he's getting stronger and we now have great options there."

Fantastic assist for Kane's 3rd goal, his 2nd assist of night. Still just 22 and in his first season at Spurs, think he's going to become a very very good player for Spurs in the next year or two........and a very good option even now

A very industrious game for him tonight. 2 assists and a lot of chances to score. He needed tonight to get some groove back.

Onward and upward young Steven.

I think he's just been a bit rusty at the start of this season. Last year we got him straight in from playing months of games starting for PSV and I reckon that meant he was already sharp.

He'll come good. Has a much higher ceiling than Lucas if he can get more minutes.

Worth recording that between the Tuesday match and 48 hours later in the Thursday matche he played a total of 165 minutes.

Very fit - he certainly put the effort in during tonights (Thursday) match despite the fact he cant have fully recovered from Tuesday's match.

Sometimes I feel like I am watching different game than some here :D .

I was happy with his assists, specially for the Kane 3rd goal. But my gosh he played like he would not have a slight spark of confidence all in all. Had such chances and wasted them all. I am afraid this will start to haunt him. I mean yesterday we did play against opposition from Israeli league, not top 6 contender.

I felt that in his first games for us in 2nd part of last season he was sharp and bright. Now he does not look so dangerous and efficient. Maybe it is because of bulking up ? And it took some sharpness away?

Clearly his 1st touch, decision making, vision and shot are better than Moura's. So I hope and expect him to overtake him, but I hope he gets his confidence back.

Sometimes I feel like I am watching different game than some here :D .

I was happy with his assists, specially for the Kane 3rd goal. But my gosh he played like he would not have a slight spark of confidence all in all. Had such chances and wasted them all. I am afraid this will start to haunt him. I mean yesterday we did play against opposition from Israeli league, not top 6 contender.

I felt that in his first games for us in 2nd part of last season he was sharp and bright. Now he does not look so dangerous and efficient. Maybe it is because of bulking up ? And it took some sharpness away?

Clearly his 1st touch, decision making, vision and shot are better than Moura's. So I hope and expect him to overtake him, but I hope he gets his confidence back.
Yep I thought he was poor.

But he's coming back from injury so I was a) delighted he stayed on the pitch to get more mins into his legs b) playing back to back games also c) he was blowing hard after 10 mins into the 2nd half yet never stopped running, in fact, the game came to him as it went on despite him running more and clearly getting more fatigued, I take this as a positive.

The difference on the ball from last season to this is quite stark, so certainly putting this down to fitness for now.

Back
Top Bottom