Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't mention being 'set' either. I said like you he was being 'jostled'.
This bit was the exaggeration; "it literally shaved the keeper's finger tips on the way past the far post"

Like I say; one of the two did......

Onwards, eh....

IIRC it was Son OR Mane. The thing is, I think Mane would have adapted to our team much quicker. Son took a long time to become world class, but at this moment Son is a clear step better.

Wrong year.

Son > Spurs: Summer 15
Mane > Dippers: Summer 16

I absolutely cannot believe that this human has made a mistake. What a cunt. Disgusting person.

Literally no other person on earth has ever made a mistake.

You know the sickener....? Some super-high spec android would probably cost less that a lot of these football players do these days.

Last edited:
My sole gripe with him was his first “chance”. He'd dome brilliantly to get into the position, but if he squares that to Sonny - it’s a goal. IMO it was the classic “caught in two minds” that ends up looking shit.
He pressed well, defended well & was a gnats bollock away with his second chance.
I’m really not seeing that he was shit tonight or that he cost us the game.
Harry deciding that he’d try to head it so hard into the ground that he completely lost his bearings and managed to bounce it over the bar from 6 yards was equally culpable. As was some pretty amateurish defending for Firminhos goal.
Are you talking about the chance at 7:03? How is that a square ball to Son for a sure goal?

Reckon Bergwijn needs to be put a special training program on finishing. Just make him shadow Son and Kane at training at all times.

Every day after normal training do individual training on shooting. Shooting with both feet, near and far post, inside and outside the ball, while on the run. Again and again until he's dizzy. Just like Son did.

Son didn't always use to be this clinical. He can get there, we're just in an urgent situation cos we're in the title race.

Maybe I’m too kind hearted but he’s getting sharper the last few games. He’s continuously put in a real shift defensively and he had some decent chances at Anfield. First one he was under a lot of pressure and the second one, well he did everything right and perhaps if he had a bit more confidence, that would have gone in. I think he gets quite a bit of shtick because he’s being compared to Son/Kane who are arguably two of the finest finishers in the game today. He’ll be good to have for the tough games but Bale should be playing against the teams we’re going to boss possession.

He has a real engine and is starting to find some good positions, but he HAS to chip in with goal contributions, having 0 g/a with a third of the season gone is nowhere near good enough.

He's not had one fantastic 90 minutes since he's been here. He's literally had a few moments of quality in 3 or 4 games and that is it. I'm sorry but he's not done enough to show or warrant a place in the squad let alone the first choice starting 11 imo.

He's not had one fantastic 90 minutes since he's been here. He's literally had a few moments of quality in 3 or 4 games and that is it. I'm sorry but he's not done enough to show or warrant a place in the squad let alone the first choice starting 11 imo.
Bale is over , Lucas is brainless . We don’t have better on the bench ...

What's strange is that in plenty of training videos last season he was banging them in left right and centre, both feet and pretty unstoppable shots. Then we came back from COVID and put that to good use with his goal against Man Utd.

But then he gets dropped following that game and hasn't really looked the same since. He's been turned from an offensive and somewhat creative wide forward to a defensive winger who seems to have lost that final product.

He's the most defensive of our front three, and is being asked to be 95% focused on defending then expected to be clinical with the 1-2 chances he gets a game. Most forwards will get into dangerous positions closer to 10 times. Its a really tough ask.

Still, he should have put that second chance away.

2" to the left and we'd have been screaming his name. Them's the breaks. Don't give up on the guy when he's the best option we have.

Last edited:
Goal against city fantastic but anonymous apart from that the whole game. Goal vs united anonymous rest of the game. Assist vs united from bench. This is all I remember of him since he's been here. If somebody can show me an outstanding game he's had instead of an outstanding moment I'll happily watch it. Simply not done enough.

He doesn't warrant a squad place now????

This is getting ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom