Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dembele was/is freakishly good. Should have doubled his wages and kept him for two more years.

He didn't leave because of money.....

HE wanted to leave because he was feeling the pinch physically.

No one could get the ball off him and he was really good defensively. I honestly have no memory of him getting tackled. Just moving the ball up the pitch with players falling over themselves all around him. Selling him in January was utterly stupid.

Would have preferred him to stay til the end of the season (as Boltonspur Boltonspur said if not for just ONE more appreance in that CL final), but 2 more (full) years means he'd have stayed until this summer!)..... He managed just 900-odd minutes in 13 apps last season and that's in China.

Sadly, all good things come to an end.

He didn't leave because of money.....

HE wanted to leave because he was feeling the pinch physically.

Would have preferred him to stay til the end of the season (as Boltonspur Boltonspur said if not for just ONE more appreance in that CL final), but 2 more (full) years means he'd have stayed until this summer!)..... He managed just 900-odd minutes in 13 apps last season and that's in China.

Sadly, all good things come to an end.
I wasn’t aware that he played so little in China but I knew he wanted to leave. We dropped a level after he left and I just wish there had been some way to keep him around for a while longer. The guy was/is just fantastic at what he does, one of our best buys in years.

Either Lucas and/or Berg in for Kane.

Son/Luas/Berg up front and Kane coming on as a power sub when the opposition is tired and Kane has fresh legs
I think you have to accept there is zero chance of Kane not being in the side. Nuno will never leave him out. Think about what that will do to his potential transfer value. It's already plummeting daily.

Kane is part of our first team and we need to get him back firing or this season is totally fucked.

Dembele was/is freakishly good. Should have doubled his wages and kept him for two more years. No one could get the ball off him and he was really good defensively. I honestly have no memory of him getting tackled. Just moving the ball up the pitch with players falling over themselves all around him. Selling him in January was utterly stupid.
I fully agree

But Paul Pogba in the FA Cup semi final comes to mind unfortunately

It's funny how people who were properly losing their shit when it looked like we were going to sign Traore for £50 million or whatever it was are now properly losing their shit because we didn't sign him

What?
Can you point even one strong opponent who was clearly against signing him and would be regretting we didn't ?!?

We have sufficient amount of attacking players who can't score nor assist enough. I am in fact very happy that we spared 50 mil and did not buy another. A player who - once more, started last season with 28 starts, 0 goals, 0 assists - has track record of 0 goals and 0 assists across 5 starts in EPL this season.

Even if we are lite in position now. I would assume that for 50 mil (!!) - once more that would be 3rd most expensive purchase for Spurs ever - we should get someone so much better who can actually contribute.

Great sophisticated response from Jono as usual

London Smile GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

Harry Kane Spurs GIF by BT Sport

There you go have a wank!!
batman masturbating GIF
Animated GIF

Back
Top Bottom