StubHub

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Basically a £54 Park Lane upper Cat A ticket, allowing for the ST to get his 12% back & adding the 15% 'fee' will be £68.58!

I emailed the club & said Bronze membership is pointless as no ST will ever give up their ticket when they can pay for it just by selling the Cat A games on Stubhub & therefore the waiting list 'will never move'. I did add that at 53 i am now more likely to get my buss pass before a THFC ST!

They replied that -
We do not expect the new Stubhub exchange to affect the season ticket waiting list in anyway.

what a pig's ear! I must be really simple, but I have never and will never rip off another Spurs fan over a ticket for a game, no matter how big it was. If I can't make a game, I will sell my ticket to my brother or a friend for face value. Ticket touts should be hung from the fingernails and have rotten tomatoes thrown at them - maybe we could have this as the half time entertainment!! We can start with :levystare:

For a long time now - from well before ENIC - Spurs fans' loyalty has been rather taken advantage of by the club.

We've been paying top level prices for years whilst having nothing like top level football to watch. I think we've put up with it because we know we can't compete on match day revenues with e.g. Woolwich Wanderers. But more and more are being priced out of coming to games.

For me, the Stub Hub thing is too much. It's just plain wrong. It's making touting easier and more tempting. It makes money for eBay and ENIC for absolutely nothing. It rips off sellers and then totally rapes buyers. It's wrong, it's totally hypocritical, it should be illegal, the government shouldn't allow it and it should be protested against until it's shut down.

Was expecting more fuss about this then I realised a lot of people are just seeing £ signs and a chance to line their own pockets.

The amount of people I know who sublet their season tickets is high enough so would imagine it happens on a very large scale.

I know at least one person in the west stand who owns five st's at least.

Was expecting more fuss about this then I realised a lot of people are just seeing £ signs and a chance to line their own pockets.

The amount of people I know who sublet their season tickets is high enough so would imagine it happens on a very large scale.

I know at least one person in the west stand who owns five st's at least.
A mate of mine is moving to Australia this summer, but her dad (who's also got one) is going to keep her ST going. They're my mates, but it's frustrating.

I'm pretty sure the club will keep a very close eye on prices and think "look how much they are willing to pay"

I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 6 years as a bronze member, and buy almost all of my tickets on the exchange - this is going to fuck me over something chronic. The exchange works really well, is totally ethical. This is such a cunt move.

I can't afford to pay stupid money for a ticket, the churn on the season ticket waiting list is so minimal. So my only real option now is to get in line for the 300 or so tickets they release on the bronze priority, or take a chance at 9am on release day (they sell out instantly, mostly).

The club are lying through their fucking teeth if they don't anticipate this will have an effect on the season ticket waiting list. Cunts.

I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 6 years as a bronze member, and buy almost all of my tickets on the exchange - this is going to fuck me over something chronic. The exchange works really well, is totally ethical. This is such a cunt move.

I can't afford to pay stupid money for a ticket, the churn on the season ticket waiting list is so minimal. So my only real option now is to get in line for the 300 or so tickets they release on the bronze priority, or take a chance at 9am on release day (they sell out instantly, mostly).

The club are lying through their fucking teeth if they don't anticipate this will have an effect on the season ticket waiting list. Cunts.

To be honest mate, I think you may find yourself in a decent postion for the lesser games, especially if there are a few tickets on the market. Bigger games, as you say, you're fucked.

Why do you buy them on the exchange mate? By my reckoning only two games didn't make general sale this year. Goons and Sunderland. Obviously if you're after pairs it's a bit more difficult but singles are dead easy to get hold of with a Lilywhite or Bronze. If that repeats itself next season and you buy tickets off StubHub instead of the exchange, I reckon you'll get at least six or seven matches well under face value - quids in - then just batter the phones and web for the Goon game on the day of sale.

With the Ticket Exchange does the match need to be sold out first? I can't remember

Yes. But if it sells out before going on general sale the only people that have access to ticket exchange tickets are members.

Under this new change if it sells out to members, tickets listed are up for a free for all from non members.

I hope this scheme wont apply to away games as well. Bad enough as it is and agree with all thats been said about this being disgraceful legalised touting. However if they extended the scheme to away matches also, then more ST holders will apply and sell them on StubHub. They get the money back through the sale and get their loyalty points incremented without having to actually go.

Why do you buy them on the exchange mate? By my reckoning only two games didn't make general sale this year. Goons and Sunderland. Obviously if you're after pairs it's a bit more difficult but singles are dead easy to get hold of with a Lilywhite or Bronze. If that repeats itself next season and you buy tickets off StubHub instead of the exchange, I reckon you'll get at least six or seven matches well under face value - quids in - then just batter the phones and web for the Goon game on the day of sale.

How'd you reckon they will be under priced Lol? Surely they will be face value with the charge on top?

How'd you reckon they will be under priced Lol? Surely they will be face value with the charge on top?

When people realise they're not selling, they'll drop the price. Even for the Everton v Liverpool game, if you left it late enough, there were still tickets to be had under face value. Market forces. Will be loads of games that go for under face value - especially single seats.

Are you sure?

I still thought StubHub was only available to members.

16. Do I need to be a Season Ticket Member to buy Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub.co.uk?
No. Any Tottenham Hotspur fan Tom Dick or Harry with a StubHub account can buy tickets to Tottenham Hotspur home games. However all spectators are subject to ground regulations and the Club, at all times, retains the right to deny access to any ticketholder at any time.

Back
Top Bottom