StubHub

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When people realise they're not selling, they'll drop the price. Even for the Everton v Liverpool game, if you left it late enough, there were still tickets to be had under face value. Market forces. Will be loads of games that go for under face value - especially single seats.

Interesting. Thanks.

Personally I liked the old system where you just logged and chanced your luck. But this might work.

When people realise they're not selling, they'll drop the price. Even for the Everton v Liverpool game, if you left it late enough, there were still tickets to be had under face value. Market forces. Will be loads of games that go for under face value - especially single seats.
I'm not so sure, if we sell out tickets will go for a lot more than "facey facey"

4) With StubHub being activated once a home game has sold out, how many games are we actually talking about? How many games sold out this season?

The current ticket exchange was activated for every home Premier League game this season. Every PL home game has sold out.

An average of 700 tickets were sold via the exchange for each home match, with the exception of Woolwich, where c 200 tickets were sold on the exchange.

The whole idea that tickets will be cheaper for the lesser games is quashed by the caveat that the system only comes into effect when a game is Sold Out.

There might be the occassional late bargain available I'm sure but it's going to be rare, and typically down to a late personal tragedy and someone just wanting a few quid (rather than nothing) for their ticket.

Got a feeling the only way you'll get a cheap ticket is like 2 days before a game when someone is desperate to get rid at short notice.

I've not got a problem with them using stubhub, but there should be a rule which means you cannot set the re-sale price higher than what you paid for it. There will always be chancers who will offer it at stupid prices ripping other fans off.

Just been on the stub hub site.

I looked at loads of different events and none, including stuff on tonight was lower than face. In fact, laughably they have the musical Wicked on there for £176 on £53 ticket.

Some stuff on there is good if a bit expensive. The ashes are going for 800 sheets a ticket. The Rollimg stones for 150 odd.

I can't see it ever being a bargain though.

Will our current system run alongside this one?

Just been on the stub hub site.

I looked at loads of different events and none, including stuff on tonight was lower than face. In fact, laughably they have the musical Wicked on there for £176 on £53 ticket.

Some stuff on there is good if a bit expensive. The ashes are going for 800 sheets a ticket. The Rollimg stones for 150 odd.

I can't see it ever being a bargain though.

Will our current system run alongside this one?

Just had a butchers...

Tickets for Eng v NZ tomorrow are under face value

There's Wicked tickets on there for tomorrow night for £75 for an £80 seat...

Ashes tickets will get cheaper (exc probably the Lords Test) nearer the game.

Sunderland tickets for their game v Southampton were on there for £13.

Extremities at each end of the scale. I can see this both ways

Hmmmm. Might have a slice of that pie. Thanks for the heads up. On the radio this morning they were saying the first four days are sold out. That's never normally the case for the first test at lords. I quite fancy going if its still on....on Monday.

Hmmmm. Might have a slice of that pie. Thanks for the heads up. On the radio this morning they were saying the first four days are sold out. That's never normally the case for the first test at lords. I quite fancy going if its still on....on Monday.

Weather forecast doesn't look promising. Hang fire a bit longer

Just had a butchers...

There's Wicked tickets on there for tomorrow night for £75 for an £80 seat...

Ashes tickets will get cheaper (exc probably the Lords Test) nearer the game.

Sunderland tickets for their game v Southampton were on there for £13.

Extremities at each end of the scale. I can see this both ways

Can't see any tickets for tomorrow left. Only Sunday. 34 quid for a 25 quid ticket. But that's reasonable IMO. Obviously can't do Sunday.

But yeah. I think it has its benefits. I'm tempted to go and see the the stones a d if I wasn't seeing Stewart Lee tonight there are excellent jimmy Carr seats available for a fair price.

One question though, when it says pick up. Does that mean from the venue or the seller?

You can't moan about people that sell their tickets for whatever price they want on StubHub, but then purchase tickets off there yourself, even if they are at less than FV. If the tickets don't get bought full stop then the ST holders lose out on money and StubHub re-assess their deal with Spurs as they aren't getting any money as they aren't making sales.

You can't moan about people that sell their tickets for whatever price they want on StubHub, but then purchase tickets off there yourself, even if they are at less than FV. If the tickets don't get bought full stop then the ST holders lose out on money and StubHub re-assess their deal with Spurs as they aren't getting any money as they aren't making sales.

What alternative is there? I dont see what was wrong with ticket exchange. This is motivated by pure greed on the clubs part.

If tickets £40 tickets regularly go for 65, you watch the price increases on tickets for the following season

Given the choice I'd rather pay a spiv the same price.

What alternative is there? I dont see what was wrong with ticket exchange. This is motivated by pure greed on the clubs part.

If tickets £40 tickets regularly go for 65, you watch the price increases on tickets for the following season

Given the choice I'd rather pay a spiv the same price.
Spot on, the club are greedy bastards and the sooner everyone sees that they don't actually care about the fans the better.

Just need more 1882 events at the Unders games and I will virtually knock Premierleague matches on the head. I did 24 games last season and only 10 were prem games. Did 5 cup games 5 Spurs ladies\unders and 4 Ryman PL. Only one of those was a Cat A. Next season I won't do any Cat As. Don't believe the Hype.

4 Ryman PL.

79Y7UbX.png

if they can sell for around £200 then people will sell...

Well we will see , it the only ticket i wouldnt sell .
Most people want to sit together, that would be a problem for tourist. If im honest, I could make money from stub hub as I have 3 season tickets all next to each other.

I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 6 years as a bronze member, and buy almost all of my tickets on the exchange - this is going to fuck me over something chronic. The exchange works really well, is totally ethical. This is such a cunt move.

I can't afford to pay stupid money for a ticket, the churn on the season ticket waiting list is so minimal. So my only real option now is to get in line for the 300 or so tickets they release on the bronze priority, or take a chance at 9am on release day (they sell out instantly, mostly).

The club are lying through their fucking teeth if they don't anticipate this will have an effect on the season ticket waiting list. Cunts.

It works well for members, season ticket holders get fucked over with it.

Back
Top Bottom