Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...oungster-insists-he-wont-join-Woolwich-190912

When asked if he would be moving to the Emirates Stadium, he added: "I have already said that I do not want to go"
:troll:

This makes little sense - why further 6 months - their season just finished so they'd keep him for 2-3 months into the new one and let him go?

In my view - him, Neymar, Ganso, etc. - will all make their inevitable European moves only after the WC next summer

This makes little sense - why further 6 months - their season just finished so they'd keep him for 2-3 months into the new one and let him go?
Well, Copa libertadores starts this month. Oh, wait, Internacional didn't qualify…
In my view - him, Neymar, Ganso, etc. - will all make their inevitable European moves only after the WC next summer
I maintain that it's wrong to consider the European move "inevitable". 'Til I'm blue in the face I'll continue to reiterate that these players are making wages equivalent to what they'd get in Europe, and the domestic game is getting better and better. That doesn't say that the three mentioned players will never transfer to Europe; it just means it's not "inevitable".

They were acting like cocks and trying to extract as much cash as they could, they could see that we needed a striker and were trying their hardest to get the best possible deal.

Least that's how I see it.

They were acting like cocks and trying to extract as much cash as they could, they could see that we needed a striker and were trying their hardest to get the best possible deal.

Right. I'm sure that for an additional 2–5m, Inter would have quickly realised they don't actually need Damião for another six months.

fuck damiao, he obviously doesn't want to come

we should turn our attention on players who actually want to play for us like holtby, reading his interviews just makes me fall in love with him even more. the kid fucking loves spurs

we should turn our attention on players who actually want to play for us like holtby, reading his interviews just makes me fall in love with him even more. the kid fucking loves spurs
I agree. I don't want us to bid for him in the summer, unless Damiao himself hands in a transfer request and specifically asks for a move to Tottenham. He can stick all this "I'm honored..." bullshit he's been spouting lately up his ass.

Just in terms of balance, he was on Talksport at least twice last year saying how much he'd like to play for Woolwich. Spurs wasn't even mentioned in those interviews.

I'm sure Damiao would say wonderful things about us if he signed.

I maintain that it's wrong to consider the European move "inevitable". 'Til I'm blue in the face I'll continue to reiterate that these players are making wages equivalent to what they'd get in Europe, and the domestic game is getting better and better. That doesn't say that the three mentioned players will never transfer to Europe; it just means it's not "inevitable".

Not every move is financially motivated - they'd do it for trophies, fame, and most importantly - exposure. Saw an interview with Neymar not long ago - expressed desire to go and 'prove' himself in the big clubs, much like compatriots have done over the years.

And while the Brazilian economy is booming - Real Madrid and Barcelona's wages remain in a league of their own, let's not forget that, mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom