Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have proof Willian chose money over ambition? Looks like Šaxtar looked for the biggest transfer fee they could get, and only then did Willian get into the picture.

Just because Anzi Makachakalakakakakakakakakakakakakakaa offered 35 million quatloos for him doesn't mean this Will.I.an chap had to bow to Shaq Attack Dohnuts Demands and just go to Dagestan does it? If he really really wanted to turn down the Roubles and come and play for a sensible club in one of the proper leagues he could have held his nerve and waited for his contract to run down to a point where it was unsustainable.

That move was about nothing but money.

:baletroll:

No, I don't but I don't respect players that so blatantly choose money over ambition (i.e. Willian) and I'm more than pleased with Lewis.

Won't deny that Willian is class though.
As far as I've heard, Willian isn't on the sort of wages we could never hope to pay. Some places had it being fairly reasonable, if not unexpectedly low all things considered. The problem wasn't the money he wanted, it was what Shaktar wanted. Fair enough though, they should get what they think the player is worth.

Just because Anzi Makachakalakakakakakakakakakakakakakaa offered 35 million quatloos for him doesn't mean this Will.I.an chap had to bow to Shaq Attack Dohnuts Demands and just go to Dagestan does it? If he really really wanted to turn down the Roubles and come and play for a sensible club in one of the proper leagues he could have held his nerve and waited for his contract to run down to a point where it was unsustainable.

That move was about nothing but money.

:baletroll:

Don't need to defend myself. Tucker Tucker got my back!
:adebaehug:

Could it be that Anzi MakachakawhatTuckersaidaka are just keeping Willian out of the clutches of other Prem clubs until we can bid in the summer...Y'know, kinda like the deal we had with Standard Liege?

As far as I've heard, Willian isn't on the sort of wages we could never hope to pay. Some places had it being fairly reasonable, if not unexpectedly low all things considered. The problem wasn't the money he wanted, it was what Shaktar wanted. Fair enough though, they should get what they think the player is worth.
Russian site Sport-Ekspress quoted 2.5m€/yr, so that's about £50k/wk or so.

Can't imagine going on strike to refuse a move to Anži is a brilliant idea…

Damaio is 23. He should be fucking up tee Brazilian league rigt now. His numbers over the last year or so would be great if he was a teenager (for £20m). If we're going to put up that kind of money for a 23 year old in a lesser league he better be putting up close to a goal a game IMO.

Anzi are the guys who train and live in/near Moscow but play their home games over 1000 miles away near Azerbaijan or somewhere like that aren't they? Weird shit. Deffo all about the £ - Just look at Samba and he's had enough already!!

Rq7A2aJ.jpg

Proof pls.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...xclusive-–-holtby-open-Woolwich-switch-173807

“I have always said that my aim is to come to the Premier League one day because I love the league,” Holtby told talkSPORT. “My father is English and of course my favourite teams are Everton and Woolwich.

“It would be a massive move [to Woolwich] because Woolwich players were always my favourite. They play nice one-touch football, they’re offensive, have young players, a great stadium and a great city so it is a nice club.

Footballers eh?

Lies all lies
Lewis would never say that. It was a cylon clone, or a shape shifter or a sneaky double agent dressed as a pantomime horse.

He's proper spursy

Well, Redknapp is a gooner and it kinda worked out OK with him around - but I'm not keen on instant player love just because they've played OK in a couple of matches and look like Ryan Gosling.

At the moment there is some wierd shit going down at Vitesse (club of Wilfried Bony). The manager is fucking pissed with Jordania (Ambramovich kind-of-person, moneypumper etc) after not getting the signings he wanted. He actually called in sick the last few days and this is making the players pissed. Maybe this situation is making it easier for clubs to sign Bony.

1243418448_dwayne-the-rock-johnson.gif

+ Babels 1year contract at Ajax expires, but he isn't good enough or is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom