Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they won't. They are playing shit because they're playing Woolwich. As soon as they play us they'll be world beaters

You'd be hard pressed to convince the most pessimistic and miserly of Spurs fans of this in reality. This is easily the worst Fulham side I've seen in my young Prem following life. OTOH, Parker has done pretty well for them.

dat Townsend dough
lR9GP8k.png

So with this Lamela deal looking more and more likely, it looks to me like we're getting particularly heavy on the right side of attack, even if Bale goes. Townsend IMO is already better than anything we have on the left, and with Lamela coming in and Lennon still available we have a very lopsided attack. I want that Ljajic kid hella bad as he'd fit in absolutely perfectly, but it looks like he has his heart set on Milan. Anyone know of any left wingers out there that would fit in nicely with AVB's system? Curious to see who the club would target especially now that the Willian deal fell through (due to his ability to cover that left wing slot).

Chadli and Lennon can cover the left as well.

Clearly Chadli can, but I've never seen Lennon deployed on the left other than when swapping midgame. He's not awful, but he's not particularly effective over there. Even so, as I said, Townsend is better than any options over there and he seems to be second choice for now, and we're close to bringing in another player on that RW side.

If Lamela comes in and we switch to a more 433 style attack Lennon will compete with Chadli on the left and Townsend with Lamela on the right. We'll want our wide forwards cutting in as much as possible creating space for our fullbacks on the overlap.

If Lamela comes in and we switch to a more 433 style attack Lennon will compete with Chadli on the left and Townsend with Lamela on the right. We'll want our wide forwards cutting in as much as possible creating space for our fullbacks on the overlap.

I agree absolutely with the strategy, but I'm not sure how effective Lennon would be over on the left. He barely scores and creates on the right, what makes us assume he'll be able to do much on the left? Regardless, Townsend has to play over him on the right, so I'd like to see us move him around as we find effective, I just don't think he'll cut it in this current squad.

Christ Ljajic would be so fucking perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom