Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree absolutely with the strategy, but I'm not sure how effective Lennon would be over on the left. He barely scores and creates on the right, what makes us assume he'll be able to do much on the left? Regardless, Townsend has to play over him on the right, so I'd like to see us move him around as we find effective, I just don't think he'll cut it in this current squad.

Christ Ljajic would be so fucking perfect.

I have my doubts about Lennon too but that's his challenge to accept and try to succeed, 433 means inverted widemen. At worst he'll be a very good option off the bench to blast tired legs with pure speed. 433 means we don't need our wide forwards to be overly defensive as our DM will cover for our fullbacks so he will have to step up his attacking contribution or face the consequences. If we keep 4231 I'm all for bringing in Berbatov as a last minute panic buy to stick in the hole with a free role lol he'd certainly solve our creativity issues.

I have my doubts about Lennon too but that's his challenge to accept and try to succeed, 433 means inverted widemen. At worst he'll be a very good option off the bench to blast tired legs with pure speed. 433 means we don't need our wide forwards to be overly defensive as our DM will cover for our fullbacks so he will have to step up his attacking contribution or face the consequences. If we keep 4231 I'm all for bringing in Berbatov as a last minute panic buy to stick in the hole with a free role lol he'd certainly solve our creativity issues.

Very true, if he wants a place at this point I feel he should have to carve it out. I hope AVB realizes this and stops giving him "loyalty starts" on the right soon enough, as Townsend has clearly shown in preseason and at Tbilisi he is the more contributing player.

As for Berbs, I'm not sure he'd want to give up regular play nor if Fulham would even let him go in their abysmal state, but he did look even more annoyed with the lack in quality around him today than he did last season. He may be willing to give it one last go at a top club after all, and I don't think any Spurs fan would be opposed to it.

Last edited:
Would love to see Ljajic.First because he is a great young player and second I would love to finally see a Serbian in our squad!
1772698944.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom