Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a blog, I have a page with a list of player contract expiries so not sure what you're getting at to be honest. My point was Coulibaly seems to get mentioned a lot when Obika, Coulthirst and Kane have consistently outperformed him yet Kane and Obika especially get referred to as having no future with Spurs at best. I just wanted to know what he is basing his opinion on.

They are all just different degrees of shit imo, they'll probably all end up having long pro careers but not at a top 6 team in the PL.

LB, striker and a playmaker (if one is available)

Perfect world - Coentrao, Balotelli and Halilovic

Realistic - Criscito and Morata

Don't want that nut job balotelli anywhere near our team even though he is very talented, coentrao and halilovic would be great but unlikely, do need a good striker, would take lukaku or remy as they are proven and within our price range.

Don't want that nut job balotelli anywhere near our team even though he is very talented, coentrao and halilovic would be great but unlikely, do need a good striker, would take lukaku or remy as they are proven and within our price range.
To be fair, Remy looks like the only one that we could realistically sign from this lot. Benteke would have been worth a gamble this winter transfer window as his stock had been falling, not sure about him in the summer.

Balotelli has matured quite a bit at Milan. His talent far outweighs the problems he'd cause I reckon. But that was a dream world anyway. Even with AC doing as bad as they are, can't see him leaving. Alvaro Morata would be awesome, but I think Real may want to keep him.

To be fair, Remy looks like the only one that we could realistically sign from this lot. Benteke would have been worth a gamble this winter transfer window as his stock had been falling, not sure about him in the summer.

I still think Benteke would be perfect for us. He looks unhappy playing with this Villa outfit, which is downgrading his play. But I'd just as soon take Remy. Think we should've gotten him last summer.

I still think Benteke would be perfect for us. He looks unhappy playing with this Villa outfit, which is downgrading his play. But I'd just as soon take Remy. Think we should've gotten him last summer.

Not necessarily with the rape charge Remy had hanging over him, I think that's why no one moved for a permanent transfer.

Benteke I agree, I would have said that it was too much money to risk on him; but then Soldado happened. Little bit of hindsight I guess, but Benteke fits the 'youth/resale' mould that we normally spend money on

I see all these strikers in this thread. Have we given up on Soldado? I think one year ago everyone would have chosen Soldado over all names proposed here now, how things can change .. I assume everyone wants Ade to stay, and Kane to be brought into the team sometime 'soon'. I would be happy if we brought in one top striker, but i think that would be the demise of Soldado at Spurs.

Remy is class needs to play for a bigger team IMO, I would sell soldado if he doesn't get his arse into gear to fund it.

Balotelli would only work if we have Prandelli as manager.

Balotelli has matured quite a bit at Milan. His talent far outweighs the problems he'd cause I reckon. But that was a dream world anyway. Even with AC doing as bad as they are, can't see him leaving. Alvaro Morata would be awesome, but I think Real may want to keep him.
He hasn't though. Did you see the video of him skipping drills in training the other day or crying on the bench when he was subbed? I don't want him anywhere near our team.

He hasn't though. Did you see the video of him skipping drills in training the other day or crying on the bench when he was subbed? I don't want him anywhere near our team.
He definitely has. His petulance is all but eradicated on the pitch and is a much more consistent player. In regards to the crying incident, You know why he did that, right? If you do, you'd know that it was anything but a sign of immaturity.

how the fuck did we sign a striker in his prime from a club like valencia and turn him into this

By supplying him with feck all service for 3 months and then dropping him leaving his confidence at an all time low. Having said that he has to take some blame as he seems unwilling to take any risks to get himself a goal. Don't think he has had a shot from outside the box in a spurs shirt. Still have faith he will come good as its obvious he is a quality player

By supplying him with feck all service for 3 months and then dropping him leaving his confidence at an all time low. Having said that he has to take some blame as he seems unwilling to take any risks to get himself a goal. Don't think he has had a shot from outside the box in a spurs shirt. Still have faith he will come good as its obvious he is a quality player
don't think he's ever had a shot from outside the box, let alone in a spurs shirt

As you say, we can't entirely shoulder that blame regardless of the cause being the players behind him or the manager who appointed them or both, as he's missed some remarkably simple chances and failed to get to easily attainable chances in the last two months. I understand that comes with the low confidence, but as a professional at this level that is on him to pick himself up from. Fortunately we've some Europa games coming up that I'd like to see utilized to give him an opportunity to do just that.

As you say, we can't entirely shoulder that blame regardless of the cause being the players behind him or the manager who appointed them or both, as he's missed some remarkably simple chances and failed to get to easily attainable chances in the last two months. I understand that comes with the low confidence, but as a professional at this level that is on him to pick himself up from. Fortunately we've some Europa games coming up that I'd like to see utilized to give him an opportunity to do just that.
Agree. We would be mad not to play him in the next couple of Europa games especially as Ade has been carrying a minor injury. Plus it keeps sticking in my mind just how fucked we will be if ade gets a bad injury or loses form and soldado does not manage to get his form together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom