Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read on FTB pro that Manure are tabling £32m for Verts & Dembele in the summer. Now without CL and our past history of selling players to them, this looks more than plausible unfortunately. I know I shouldn't believe all that I read but have got a bad feeling about this....
That's £32m each .... right??

Just read on FTB pro that Manure are tabling £32m for Verts & Dembele in the summer. Now without CL and our past history of selling players to them, this looks more than plausible unfortunately. I know I shouldn't believe all that I read but have got a bad feeling about this....

We were offered more money for Bale from Man U and Levy didn't bite. I wouldn't be so sure Man U will be snatching up our players any time soon. They won't even be able to promise them CL ball next year. Rest easy mate, I don't think it'll be a problem.

I highly highly doubt it. I can see Levy wanting 30m for Vertonghen and 20-25 for Dembele. We bought Dembele for 15 and Vertonghen for 10. No way would we sell to a rival to only make a 7m profit. Also Dembele is not the answer for them. I could see them being interested in Vertonghen, but not Dembele.

Oh mate, I lost a painful amount of respect for you for this post.

I'm hoping it's a temporary blip. :(
Dude you need to discover the FM thread.

Perhaps I should have been clearer it was sarcasm.

It's irony of discussing signing players that not even the media have pretend we're linked to (which is usually quite difficult), or talking about buying/selling players based on a judgement of how good they are on a game - because we all know how it turns out in reality (Bakayoko (Everton), Aghahowa (Wigan), Kim Kallstrom...).

In all fairness, I think last summer's transfer window was planned by someone playing too much FIFA... I'm almost tempted to say we've completely lost the team's identity this season.

In all fairness, I think last summer's transfer window was planned by someone playing too much FIFA... I'm almost tempted to say we've completely lost the team's identity this season.
Don't worry, we're still the same cheap team Ramos claims us to be. Levy only spent, because he didn't have enough room in his safe to store Bale's transfer fee. :levylol:

I'm gonna say something that's not really that popular, but I can't think of one signing we made last year that's a bad signing.

I think the key is in the team identity that you mention. I'm not convinced that the players we have play togther well as a cohesive unit, and I think that's what is letting us down. In other words, it's not that the signings were bad, it's just that they weren't the right combination of players. I therefore think that it's going to take some skilled management to get them working well together. Whether that is Timmy or someone like LvG remains to be seen.

I'm gonna say something that's not really that popular, but I can't think of one signing we made last year that's a bad signing.

I think the key is in the team identity that you mention. I'm not convinced that the players we have play togther well as a cohesive unit, and I think that's what is letting us down. In other words, it's not that the signings were bad, it's just that they weren't the right combination of players. I therefore think that it's going to take some skilled management to get them working well together. Whether that is Timmy or someone like LvG remains to be seen.

I agree, of course I didn't intent it to sound like we made any bad signings (although Soldado hasn't worked out and he doesn't have a lot of time to fulfil that cash), but if someone had just got off a game of Football Manager or FIFA they would have said "I'd sell Bale and buy Lamela, Soldado, Eriksen, Chaldi, Capoue, Chiriches and Paulinho". It was a string of transfer's you'd expect from a 14 year old "ITK".

Part of the irony is that, even though it's not worked well for us (as you can't sign 7 players at once and expect them to gel), people will undoubtably expect the same shit again this summer... (we need a striker, left back, centre back, back up keeper etc....) . City took a few season to gel after their outlay.

We signed them for not too far away from £32m..........seriously when people dream this stuff up (not just ITK but clubs trying to buy players) they should at least consider realistic transfer fees based on a) how much they were signed for previously, b) whether their last transfer was a success, c) their age.

Vertonghen would go for the £32m by himself.

We signed them for not too far away from £32m..........seriously when people dream this stuff up (not just ITK but clubs trying to buy players) they should at least consider realistic transfer fees based on a) how much they were signed for previously, b) whether their last transfer was a success, c) their age.

Vertonghen would go for the £32m by himself.

Easy £32 million with Levy and Barca maybe interested, £40 million wouldn't be out of the question, maybe a swap deal with Sanchez. Still hope we never sell Verts, amazing player. United really are having a laugh if this report is true.

*puts on flak jacket*
given our problems at left back - I see Ashley Cole is out of contract at the end of the season and not getting a game at the shitebags - could he do a job

Would take him in a heart-beat
I'd take him as well.
tumblr_mpgiukYnH31qa50gyo4_500.gif

Super Jan is our next skipper, why would he want to leave!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom