Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read on FTB pro that Manure are tabling £32m for Verts & Dembele in the summer. Now without CL and our past history of selling players to them, this looks more than plausible unfortunately. I know I shouldn't believe all that I read but have got a bad feeling about this....

Can't see us selling for that.

40+ perhaps.

I agree, of course I didn't intent it to sound like we made any bad signings (although Soldado hasn't worked out and he doesn't have a lot of time to fulfil that cash), but if someone had just got off a game of Football Manager or FIFA they would have said "I'd sell Bale and buy Lamela, Soldado, Eriksen, Chaldi, Capoue, Chiriches and Paulinho". It was a string of transfer's you'd expect from a 14 year old "ITK".

Part of the irony is that, even though it's not worked well for us (as you can't sign 7 players at once and expect them to gel), people will undoubtably expect the same shit again this summer... (we need a striker, left back, centre back, back up keeper etc....) . City took a few season to gel after their outlay.

I would say no more that 3 signings this summer. 4 if one is a keeper.

We shouldn't be selling our best players to our rivals, period

Unless of course the profit margins exceed 150%, right?

Last edited:
Not heard of an extension for Friedel yet so a backup keeper is a must right now. Other than that not sure we need anyone else outside of maybe a 3rd choice striker and a left back.

Under Sherwood, I'd expect Archer to perhaps be used? I expect Friedel will extend, he has said it's his choice and he will decide if he can still play at the end of the season.

Under Sherwood, I'd expect Archer to perhaps be used? I expect Friedel will extend, he has said it's his choice and he will decide if he can still play at the end of the season.

If it's his choice, seeing as he went bankrupt a while back I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Not heard of an extension for Friedel yet so a backup keeper is a must right now. Other than that not sure we need anyone else outside of maybe a 3rd choice striker and a left back.

Our winger situation is a major weakness compared to our rivals. I'd like to see a couple out and one of quality in (that is preferably at their best on the left). Would prefer one that isn't necessarily older, but proven at top levels and would be suited to the Premier League.

Our winger situation is a major weakness compared to our rivals. I'd like to see a couple out and one of quality in (that is preferably at their best on the left). Would prefer one that isn't necessarily older, but proven at top levels and would be suited to the Premier League.

Ronaldo?

We shouldn't be selling our best players to our rivals, period

Unless of course the profit margins exceed 150%, right?
Ouch! Levy should sit on his hands, sell no one regardless of profit but if you get another Berbatoss situation cos a player wants to leave what do you do? CL as we all know is key to what happens in the summer.

Works for me.

ronaldo-fat.jpg

:freund:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom