Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amusing people kept saying "why do we need another foreign attacking winger?" when some on here were banging on about Kono, saying we need to focus on backups for positions we already have. He plays against us once... ONCE... and suddenly the Spurs online community is drooling all over his pinups. I fucking told y'all he was legit, as well as that Lamela would struggle in the Prem. Fucking listen to cahspur, eh?

Disclaimer: cahspur is drunk and in a cesspool mood from watching his Spurs lose and then in the same day his own intramural futsal team of classmates lose to the class below them, the insolent queefs, and thus cannot be held accountable for any comments made in the immediate time proximity. Fuck all y'all. Especially those of you who don't think our winger situation is the most dire on the pitch.

Ps - I love all of you. Don't cry.

If we're looking for someone to sort out our left side I'd rather buy Lallana than Konoplyanka. Guy is killing it and we are desperately in need of homegrown numbers. Not sure he'd want to leave Southampton but I'd certainly try for him as our first choice.

I think both Konoplyanka and Lallana are overrated and if do get one of them it will be for more than they are worth. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be good signings though.

If we're looking for someone to sort out our left side I'd rather buy Lallana than Konoplyanka. Guy is killing it and we are desperately in need of homegrown numbers. Not sure he'd want to leave Southampton but I'd certainly try for him as our first choice.

Lallana plays on the wing? Was almost certain he played a true No 10 for Saints. Great player for sure though, and I agree that our homegrown situation has gotten unfavorable. However, I think our winger situation is in such bad shape at the moment that I don't care where the solution is from, and think we're strong enough in other areas to assess homegrown options for squad or starting competition.

I think both Konoplyanka and Lallana are overrated and if do get one of them it will be for more than they are worth. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be good signings though.

I agree that both of their prices for the worth would be absurd, respective of causes, but both are good players that I believe would contribute immediately to our squad.

I didn't think Konoplyanka was even that good :townhmm:

You not see how our players performed on that pitch? Is he not subject to the same variables of scrutiny? He's also had no competitive matches for close to two months now. I thought he did quite well and caused quite a few problems.

I agree that both of their prices for the worth would be absurd, respective of causes, but both are good players that I believe would contribute immediately to our squad.
That's basically my opinion on the entire situation, if neither of Townsend or Lamela break through than both of them would be more than welcome. They would be great back up either way.

Lallana plays on the wing? Was almost certain he played a true No 10 for Saints. Great player for sure though, and I agree that our homegrown situation has gotten unfavorable. However, I think our winger situation is in such bad shape at the moment that I don't care where the solution is from, and think we're strong enough in other areas to assess homegrown options for squad or starting competition.

He has a very free role for Saints and pops up everywhere. Definitely not a traditional ten. He plays comfortably in any one of the three spots behind the striker. I think an interchangeable three using some combination of Eriksen, Lallana, Carroll, Lamela, Townsend, Holtby, and Lennon would be an extremely attractive proposition going forward. Lots of different types of players in that group.

I'd absolutely love Griezmann, but there is no way we could get him over a team like PSG or etc.

Maybe Lloris, Bentaleb, Capoue or Kaboul are best friends with him like Eriksen with Jan. :avbpray:

You not see how our players performed on that pitch? Is he not subject to the same variables of scrutiny? He's also had no competitive matches for close to two months now. I thought he did quite well and caused quite a few problems.

The Ukrainian lad isn't proven at the top level and I feel lallana is the next michu- a one season wonder...tbh and not sounding cocky but we need to set our sights higher...greizmann is a realistic target as is thauvin and El shaarawy...

Now I realise none is an out and out winger but if we change to 4-3-3 next year we won't need one...

Greizmann/ el shaarawy ade lamela as a front 3 is as good as any...

A LW and a new LB and hopefully resign kaboul and I'll view that as a success..

The Ukrainian lad isn't proven at the top level and I feel lallana is the next michu- a one season wonder...tbh and not sounding cocky but we need to set our sights higher...greizmann is a realistic target as is thauvin and El shaarawy...

Now I realise none is an out and out winger but if we change to 4-3-3 next year we won't need one...

You call Lallana a one season wonder and then bring up El Shaarawy? SES has played four games in Serie A this year.

You call Lallana a one season wonder and then bring up El Shaarawy? SES has played four games in Serie A this year.

El shaarawys been constantly injured this season and then fell out of favor..tbh I'd prefer greizmann...IMO the only reason we'd be in with a shot at el shaarawy is because of this season, if he had one like last he'd be going to a top team in the world...lallana is good but el shaarawys season last year was much better (34 appearances 16 goals 4 assists) and his much younger (21)..all bonuses in my book..

To get lallana we'd be looking at 15 million plus...simply not worth it...

Last edited:
El shaarawys been constantly injured this season and then fell out of favor..tbh I'd prefer greizmann...IMO the only reason we'd be in with a shot at el shaarawy is because of this season, if he had one like last he'd be going to a top team in the world...lallana is good but el shaarawys season last year was much better (34 appearances 16 goals 4 assists) and his much younger (21)..all bonuses in my book..

To get lallana we'd be looking at 15 million plus...simply not worth it...

Michu's been injured all year too. I agree that Griezmann would be the best but we don't have a chance in hell at getting him. All the huge clubs will be after him.

I'd pay 20 million for Lallana. Guy is pure class, proven in the PL, and would count as a homegrown player.

Kono is proven at the top level, as he has excelled at the international level for several tournaments running now over a course of four years. Griezmann and Shaarawy realistic? Bit hopeful my friend.

He has a very free role for Saints and pops up everywhere. Definitely not a traditional ten. He plays comfortably in any one of the three spots behind the striker. I think an interchangeable three using some combination of Eriksen, Lallana, Carroll, Lamela, Townsend, Holtby, and Lennon would be an extremely attractive proposition going forward. Lots of different types of players in that group.

He has a free role because he's an excellent attacking midfielder, but a winger he is not. Trivial points however, as I certainly agree with you that I'd love him to be at Spurs. However, he seems relatively loyal to the club that brought him up and they'd likely do just about anything to keep him.

Kono is proven at the top level, as he has excelled at the international level for several tournaments running now over a course of four years. Griezmann and Shaarawy realistic? Bit hopeful my friend.

There more realistic than a bloke who already chose pool 6 months before...him going there will b wrapped up in the summer..especially if they get CL football...

Next target please...

There more realistic than a bloke who already chose pool 6 months before...him going there will b wrapped up in the summer..especially if they get CL football...

Next target please...

No they're not, even as is given where they are and who's interested. I'll give Shaarawy poses a remote chance since Milan is in decline, but even then he grew up a boyhood fan which always hurts the chances of interested parties. But regardless, Kono had no release clause and there were multiple reports that we backed out early once Liverpool played their hand. Sans a release clause, his decision regardless of if he even made one, is irrelevant.

Why do we need more wingers& attacking midfielders?
If anyone is leaving it will be vertonghen and loris unfortunately - and Dawson looks to be on the slide. Friedel retiring. Kaboul injured a lot. Lb is still an issue.
So a centre back or 2, a left back and a keeper are priorities IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom