Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't play in the same position, mate

I know that! I don't want us to use money to sign Konoplyanka when we have Lamela, Chadli and Townsend, and also the likes of Eriksen and Dembele who we need to fit in behind the striker. Konoplyanka would need one year, that would mean that he would be ready for the 2016-17 season if we sign him this summer. By that time we might have a kid or two ready to step up?

I know that! I don't want us to use money to sign Konoplyanka when we have Lamela, Chadli and Townsend, and also the likes of Eriksen and Dembele who we need to fit in behind the striker. Konoplyanka would need one year, that would mean that he would be ready for the 2016-17 season if we sign him this summer. By that time we might have a kid or two ready to step up?
Lamela, Townsend and Chadli isn't sufficient

What money? He's available on a free in a few months... We need another winger anyways, so the cost of paying his salary is moot anyways.

Question, with pritchard playing so well and looking to be used is Konoplyanka a neccesity at this point, can't remember much about him other than his goodish preformances against us.

Pritchard will be ready to step up this fall. He can definitely be the back-up option on the left side, and possibly the right.

Question, with pritchard playing so well and looking to be used is Konoplyanka a neccesity at this point, can't remember much about him other than his goodish preformances against us.
I don't think he is. If he's available fairly readily, but no one in Europe will take him, there's probably some kind of knocks against him, and I'd wager Pritchard would be much easier to integrate into the team than a guy who speak limited English and has not previously played in this league.

Lamela, Townsend and Chadli isn't sufficient

Might be mate, but this is less about the three of them, more about sceptism to buy whatever moves.
I don't think we should go for players that have absolutely no history of playing in Germany or England or will struggle for a year with the culture and the language. I don't think we need to take that risk just to appease fans' wish to get in signing in. Anyway, I trust Poch and Mitchell with his black box on this ;-)

What money? He's available on a free in a few months... We need another winger anyways, so the cost of paying his salary is moot anyways.

For wages. Ings is also available in 6 months, isn't he? They are not free though. My point was that we can use the money we would use on Konoplyanka on Ings.

And, yes, I know they play different positions.

Pritchard will be ready to step up this fall. He can definitely be the back-up option on the left side, and possibly the right.

I see a point of not filling our squad with big or semi big names with big egos expecting to play. We already need to offload a lot of them in the summer; Capoue, Adebayor, Soldaldo, Chiriches, Kaboul, Paulinho etc.

I want young hungry players that will run all day, work hard and have the right attitude. On top of that they should know the culture, learn the language, understand the club, fit in here etc. I'm not sure Konoplyanka fits at Spurs. Getting him cheap is no use to us as long as he doesn't work.

I don't want Konoplyanka because he could dribble past Kyle Naughton twice last February!
:levywhoa:

Last edited:
For wages. Ings is also available in 6 months, isn't he? They are not free though. My point was that we can use the money we would use on Konoplyanka on Ings.

And, yes, I know they play different positions.
I would agree that we are more in need of a striker rather than another attacking midfielder/winger. It is a shuddering thought that if Harry has a dip in form or picks up a knock that keeps him out for any length of time, we have Soldado & Adbayor to rely upon.unless of course there is another Harry Kane in the academy.

I would agree that we are more in need of a striker rather than another attacking midfielder/winger. It is a shuddering thought that if Harry has a dip in form or picks up a knock that keeps him out for any length of time, we have Soldado & Adbayor to rely upon.

I don't think we should go mad on the transfer market, but if we get someone in, we must know that he ticks all the boxes. I think Ings ticks a lot of boxes at least. Konoplyanka, as he is also heavily linked, however, not convinced.

I don't think we should go mad on the transfer market, but if we get someone in, we must know that he ticks all the boxes. I think Ings ticks a lot of boxes at least. Konoplyanka, as he is also heavily linked, however, not convinced.
I agree. I'm converted to giving the academy lads a shot if Poch thinks they're good enough. One area where we do seem vulnerable though, at this time, is up front. It's a conundrum alright.

Might be mate, but this is less about the three of them, more about sceptism to buy whatever moves.
I don't think we should go for players that have absolutely no history of playing in Germany or England or will struggle for a year with the culture and the language. I don't think we need to take that risk just to appease fans' wish to get in signing in. Anyway, I trust Poch and Mitchell with his black box on this ;-)
I think Lamela might be the last of those kinds of guys who we sign. And I think the way he's integrated is probably much better than usual.

I also think that given Pochettino seems to believe in this Dembele as a 10 thing for the time being, we might want to see things as a group of 4 attacking wing players with Eriksen and Chadli more on the left, and Lamela and Townsend more on the right, although they can all play on either side if need be.

What are your guys thoughts on Alexandre Pato? Almost forgot about him, we were linked with him a season ago or so
Absolutely not. Under any and all circumstances. No way, no how.

Was good. Then became perma-crocked. Now not even good, in a very mediocre Brazilian league.

Damiao would be a better choice at this point, and I'd rank him somewhere between Roberto Soldado and a pylon in terms of quality.

So Pochettino is watching Barca vs Villareal tonight....well there's Musacchio to be looked at and some Giovanni guy who looks good...:gio:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom