Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think we should buy an upgrade for our right wing. I don't really believe in Townsend and lamela hasn't been more than ok this season so far.

Neither of those play on the right wing. Not saying I wouldn't want either of them, they're all upgrades on Chadli.

Neither of those play on the right wing. Not saying I wouldn't want either of them, they're all upgrades on Chadli.
We can switch with Lamela and also opt for an inverted setup - all 3 would improve our starting 11 substantially

We can switch with Lamela and also opt for an inverted setup - all 3 would improve our starting 11 substantially
They all predominantly play on the left as they all play an inverted style, much like Chadli.

The only gettable one would be Ayew as he'd be free in the summer. But I'd be happy with either 3.

Playing a winger on his natural side is not a waste, mate - lol

Phil Mickelson is a right-handed golfer with a left-hand swing.
If you asked him to swing like a right-handed player now, it would obviously worsen his performance, although it's the "natural" thing to do. :freund:

Players who will hopefully depart:
Kaboul, Paulinho, Capoue, Lennon, Soldado, Adebayor.
Holtby is probably gone. Carroll doesn't seem to be a great success at Swansea, so probably won't strenghten our squad next season.

At the end of the season Dembele might very well be counted as one of our attacking midfielders, so that leaves Bentaleb, Mason and Stambouli. I hope we try again for Schneiderlin. If Soton get top four then we are in trouble, but if they don't then I hope his connnection to Poch will swing it in our favor.. if Levy comes up with the fee needed. Kane and Ings would be two great options up top. Again, our position at the end of the season could decide where he goes, but we have beaten Pool to signings before and right now they shouldn't have any advantage over us. Schneiderlin and Ings would makes us a lot better, the first one knows the system and Ings is known as a hard worker, and is versatile.

Secondary signings could be a new winger and a new centre back. Third striker should be a talented youngster. Chiriches is an issue. I like him as backup RB, but not so sure he likes that himself. If Yedlin or Fredericks are ready to help Walker out, then Vlad becomes surplus quickly. As a CB he's too error prone, so we'll need a new body in the middle of defense. Winston Reid might be ours already, if only by verbal agreement. Something like this would be great:

[formation=4231, Lloris/Vorm, Walker/Vlad, Dier/Fazio, Jan/Reid, Rose/Davies, Nabil/Stamb, Schneid/Mason, Lamela/Andros, Eriksen/Pritchard, Chadli/Dembele, Kane/Ings][/formation]

Phil Mickelson is a right-handed golfer with a left-hand swing.
If you asked him to swing like a right-handed player now, it would obviously worsen his performance, although it's the "natural" thing to do. :freund:
Lamela though, has played both right and left wing, as well as CAM, and is fine with all of them really. He's our best option at right wing currently, and there's no point in moving him to the left when we're currently using either Eriksen or Chadli there.

It's not like a golf swing.

Love the fact we've all caved in and now only deem realistic targets as free ones :levylol:

I think Levy has worked his way into many fans brains, always laughed during the jan transfer window when people no-one will come, can't happen etc. Well of course it can't happen, if you offer 3 peanuts for a 10 mil player or a fiver for a 20 mil player or don't try at all what kind of fucking answer do you think you we will get, even players less than top class now seem totally out of our reach as if we are bloody Hull and no top player would ever consider coming to Spurs.

But I tell you it didn't seem that way when we had the Bale money, everyone was a realistic target back then, just a shame we bought so many duds.

Haven't watched Reid much so I won't comment on his quality, however if we are to sign a CB in the summer I would prefer one who is likely better than Vertonghen and the rest of our CBs or has the potential to be.

Also since Capoue and Paulinho will be offloaded, we're then left with Mason, Bentaleb, Stambuoli and Alli. TBH all of them are quite inexperienced, it would've been ideal if we could sign Cabaye or someone of his similar quality and experience to significantly improve the midfield whilst our young CMs are still learning the game and gaining experience.

As of now, the only positions that don't need improvement bar GK is our striking options. We seriously need a potent back up for Kane.

I think Levy has worked his way into many fans brains, always laughed during the jan transfer window when people no-one will come, can't happen etc. Well of course it can't happen, if you offer 3 peanuts for a 10 mil player or a fiver for a 20 mil player or don't try at all what kind of fucking answer do you think you we will get, even players less than top class now seem totally out of our reach as if we are bloody Hull and no top player would ever consider coming to Spurs.

But I tell you it didn't seem that way when we had the Bale money, everyone was a realistic target back then, just a shame we bought so many duds.
It's not a question of just trying. The club clearly was. But they wanted to sell more than buy, and if their specific targets weren't available, you can't be particularly surprised if no one came in.

FFP has had an effect and is shrinking the churn in the transfer market. This makes it harder to do any kind of deals, especially of an "off-loading" variety. There also were very few players of any worth available in January.

We also happen to have a coach who prefers to not use the transfer market more than the Academy. That isn't a PR-line, it's consistent behaviour on his part, backed up with both his own statements, and those of the people he worked with at previous clubs.

Pochettino doesn't play the game that way, and the club are listening to him.

I would be gutted if Chadli wasn't trusted in his position. He has finally got used to the league and at times he has been fantastic, especially vs Chelsea. He has scored 9 goals from midfield this season and might well end up with 15 goals in total.

It's not a question of just trying. The club clearly was. But they wanted to sell more than buy, and if their specific targets weren't available, you can't be particularly surprised if no one came in.

FFP has had an effect and is shrinking the churn in the transfer market. This makes it harder to do any kind of deals, especially of an "off-loading" variety. There also were very few players of any worth available in January.

We also happen to have a coach who prefers to not use the transfer market more than the Academy. That isn't a PR-line, it's consistent behaviour on his part, backed up with both his own statements, and those of the people he worked with at previous clubs.

Pochettino doesn't play the game that way, and the club are listening to him.

I still find it amazing that we have effectively one striker, no club should ever put themselves in that position, I cannot imagine for one second that Poch is in private happy about the situation one bit, it's almost madness.

A club like us should be at least able to scout across the UK, Europe, World etc and afford a player for 10 maybe 15 mil, it was the only essential thing we required and we required it in the past summer as well (admittley Bobby and Ade have proven themselves even less capable this season). I really can't see this as anything but Levy's failure and we have a history of not covering positions only to get caught out.

A club like us should be at least able to scout across the UK, Europe, World etc and afford a player for 10 maybe 15 mil, it was the only essential thing we required and we required it in the past summer as well (admittley Bobby and Ade have proven themselves even less capable this season). I really can't see this as anything but Levy's failure and we have a history of not covering positions only to get caught out.

I am sure we tried to offload one of them thus making space for that other capable striker. I think Bobby and Ade will be gone in the summer as long as there isn't a miracle happening. But with Pochettino, he doesn't seem to want too many new factors in at the club in the middle of the season. Looking at the other clubs it seems to be actually the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom