Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The training academy is a great idea. So long as the products to come through are used for the success of the football team I support, and not for the success of others. So, my question was quite straightforward really. If the best players of the academy are kept at the club with the aim of challenging for honours, fantastic. Hats off to Levy. If they are sold as soon as an acceptable offer comes in, I would say it`s blatant profiteering on the part of ENIC. Would you agree ?

Even if the players are sold the principle remains a sound one - have the best facilities in order to maximise the potential of your academy players and players that you have bought from elsewhere..........you then have better and/or more valuable players than you would've had without the training facilities and therefore have an advantage over your rivals.

That's what it's all about isn't it? Trying to be better to win more often?........Even when in your opinion Enic are only interested in lining their own pockets you must realise that clubs that are successful on the pitch make more money for their owners?

Why is it that we (redknapp in particular ) get accused of " tapping up " a. Player when we are interested in one and yet Man Utd can do all the tapping up they like and nothing is said?
How many more of Utds current or ex players are going to come out and say Kane should join Them?
When will they realise that they are not the pull that they once were.. If Kane wanted to leave I'm sure he'd pick a club that was better than them..

Kane is one of if not the hottest up and coming youngsters in the game, he will be important to England and that Cunt club are doing all they can to put off his development.. The FA should step in and tell them to shut the fuck up and let him concentrate on his game and not on Man Utds pointless distractions..

Nope - he was injured, but then couldn't get back in when fit again.
Nope he got injured came back and then struggled with fitness but played 6 out of their 9 matches but then he got injured again

He then started training in April after being injured from for a month
http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/middlesbrough-boro-ryan-fredericks-watford-2371980.aspx
Finally coming back against fulham but then mysteriously go missing(which many people think it was because of the hamstring injury)

He has had a great loan overall, the local paper did a survey and 81% said Fredericks was a success and the comments on their forums were great as well

I've not googled this to check, so could be bollocks, but isn't Benteke a very streaky player? I think of him as someone who plays well for four games, then is fucking terrible for the next twelve.
Might be to do with the service he gets, but I'm not convinced he's worth a place in our team. And £25m is plenty cash for a back up striker.

I've not googled this to check, so could be bollocks, but isn't Benteke a very streaky player? I think of him as someone who plays well for four games, then is fucking terrible for the next twelve.
Might be to do with the service he gets, but I'm not convinced he's worth a place in our team. And £25m is plenty cash for a back up striker.
He does certainly seem to have purple patches... Which we aren't exactly unfamiliar with, of course.
:defoe:

But Benteke seems to be a handful for opposition defences, whether or not he scores in a match. Given that Kane is getting marked out of games more and more, having someone compliment him as another heavily marked man would be no bad thing.
(That assumes we can play them together, which would surely be the case given the quoted prices)

Nice holdup play from Benteke, too.

He had a bad 18 months after he got injured, but his debut PL season and the last 6 months were both spells where he was looking dangerous virtually every game.

My concern would be he seems to play best with very quick players around him - we don't have any.

He does certainly seem to have purple patches... Which we aren't exactly unfamiliar with, of course.
:defoe:

But Benteke seems to be a handful for opposition defences, whether or not he scores in a match. Given that Kane is getting marked out of games more and more, having someone compliment him as another heavily marked man would be no bad thing.
(That assumes we can play them together, which would surely be the case given the quoted prices)

Nice holdup play from Benteke, too.
I'm not keen on strikers that don't score. We've a couple of them already.

I'm not keen on strikers that don't score. We've a couple of them already.
Don't know what you mean...
:soldadowtf:

In fairness, my preference would be for a nippy bastard who can make runs off Kane (or play alright on his own), so more of a Martial than a Benteke.

But at least Benteke would give us some proper squad rotation for Europa and the cups, should we play him as a lone striker.

Don't know what you mean...
:soldadowtf:

In fairness, my preference would be for a nippy bastard who can make runs off Kane (or play alright on his own), so more of a Martial than a Benteke.

But at least Benteke would give us some proper squad rotation for Europa and the cups, should we play him as a lone striker.

Yep - the ideal would be a player with pace that could be either wide in a three or partner Kane in a two, they need to be capable of chipping in with 10 to 15 goals next season as well.

I don't think Benteke fits well with Kane, we've got to build the shape of the team around him.

Reminds me of Chris Armstrong
:harryhmm:

Don't see us signing Benteke. It's more likely we sign attacking players in the mould of Martial/Ings. They'd bring some versatility and pace to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom