Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Walker-Burnley shit is garbage. It's on the same level as Wembley hysteria.

We didn't play well today.

We need more players.

We did not lose because of Walker/not signing players/Wembley.

All of these things can be true at the same time.

Fucks sake.

I think it's fair to say Poch doesn't trust Janssen

If Poch doesn't trust Janssen why is he keeping him around? He'd be gone, there have been plenty of rumbles to suggest we'd have gotten £15-20m for him, and if he's not in the plans then you take a net transfer loss.

The players need to step up, but some of Poch's decisions last week and today were peculiar, in my opinion. Poch never seems willing to go to his bench early and often, regardless.

Feel like the whole squad needs a break and for this fucking window to end. Focus, fellas. We saw it last year just get into it mentally and we will be off and running.

If Poch doesn't trust Janssen why is he keeping him around? He'd be gone, there have been plenty of rumbles to suggest we'd have gotten £15-20m for him, and if he's not in the plans then you take a net transfer loss.

The players need to step up, but some of Poch's decisions last week and today were peculiar, in my opinion. Poch never seems willing to go to his bench early and often, regardless.

Feel like the whole squad needs a break and for this fucking window to end. Focus, fellas. We saw it last year just get into it mentally and we will be off and running.
One thing Janssen can do well is hold the ball up. I was surprised he didn't come on with 10 minutes to go.

How many minutes has Janssen played so far in the 3 PL games?

Something is afoot there and players angling for moves know exactly what to do, especially when fed by their agents.

Hard to recognise the sentiment from 3 months ago.

Strange.

I was actually thinking the same.
Definitely not the fun, care-free attitude.
Looked as though they lacked confidence and just very lack-lustre.
That could be down to early season rustiness though.
The Chelsea result could also have knocked the stuffing out of them.

It is the point.

We should have won the game by 4 goals, and if we did, you wouldnt be as livid with Trippier
I'm not Livid with Trippier. He does his best and is a good squad player. I'm more angry with a transfer policy that trousers 50 million bucks while leaving our squad short for the opening 3 games.

I'm not Livid with Trippier. He does his best and is a good squad player. I'm more angry with a transfer policy that trousers 50 million bucks while leaving our squad short for the opening 3 games.
It is 50 million plus another 25 million from the sale of Bentaleb, Fazio and Njie.
Plus 4.5m from Sigy's transfer.

Last edited:
I just took a look at the SPURS community forum. The ITK discussion thread is heavily linking us with a move for Christian Benteke. It isn't being received with much enthusiasm though

It is 50 million plus another 25 million from the sale of Bentaleb, Fazio and Njie.
giphy.gif

I just took a look at the SPURS community forum. The ITK discussion thread is heavily linking us with a move for Christian Benteke. It isn't being received with much enthusiasm though

We just smell of a club who had no idea what to do at the end of last season and Alli looks like a player who knows a bid came in for him which we rebuffed snd one he would have accepted.

The international break and a few signings should reset us. Something needs to

They are all bullshitters in that place. I know this forum make Spurs fans look nuts sometimes but that place makes us look like liars and frauds.

I have ITK right now

SC your full of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom