Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poch made half these players, now it appears they're turning on him. I couldn't give a fuck if they all left. It seems they're starting to resent the effort he requires and overvaluing their own ability. Such a shame, but predictable enough these days.

If they are I say fuck them, let them leave and become benchwarmers and let Pochettino rebuild again, a little bit wiser as to what the modern day footballer is truly all about. if only they had your heart Mauricio :(

Last edited:
I think that rumour was started by ITKTrev.

I'm reluctant to post his stuff after the Cal debacle, not least because he also predicts Poch will go by Christmas...

...and we could find ourselves oil-fuelled in the not too distant future.

Levy spends a club record fee on a CB who Poch described as one of the best young defenders in all of football. A CB who might not even start some weeks yet Poch is unhappy and is gonna walk.

This shit is ridiculous.

Levy spends a club record fee on a CB who Poch described as one of the best young defenders in all of football. A CB who might not even start some weeks yet Poch is unhappy and is gonna walk.

This shit is ridiculous.
You come across as though you think Levy paid for Sanchez out of his own life savings. This is the highest paid director in British football were talking about. As a club we have already banked around 80 million in player sales this summer. Poch has done so much for this club , he really has. He deserves so much more than being forced to openly plead, time after time, for the backing he deserves.

You come across as though you think Levy paid for Sanchez out of his own life savings. This is the highest paid director in British football were talking about. As a club we have already banked around 80 million in player sales this summer. Poch has done so much for this club , he really has. He deserves so much more than being forced to openly plead, time after time, for the backing he deserves.

Realistically what would your activity be over the next 4 days or so? Ins and outs

"Openly plead"? :rolleyes:

Confirmation bias from the moaner brigade as usual. Why not wait until Friday before deciding what Poch has or has not been let down on? Even then it will only be your speculation that he has not been backed.

I think Levy still is reluctant to open up the check book, because he STILL smarting from a poor return, or at least perceived poor return, on the Bale money.
Of course, taking out a £400m loan to build a £800m loan and get it done within the short space of a year has nothing to do with our spending power. According to some it's not about any of that. It's entirely down to the same old tight Levy who does spend what he gets in on transfers.

Some sad people love to feed off the negativity.

Happier when the club trips than succeeds
I got loads of neg reps on my post match comment today for calling out the moaners for their negativity and overreaction. When you click to see who they're from, it's all the usual moaner suspects (and Arcspace :pochlol:). They're like a cancer, slowing taking over the match and transfer threads with their endless whining. The interesting thing is that they're the ones who are in every match thread for the duration of the game. So what does that tell you? Tells me that that same people who are doing the endless moaning are also those who also don't go to games. It's doubly annoying.

I was so angry with the negativity earlier. Three games into the season and these toxic cunts are poisoning fandom - and almost immediately after our best ever Premier League finished as well. No sense of balance or rationality. Just the usual "not good enough" bellyaching.

Something is afoot there and players angling for moves know exactly what to do, especially when fed by their agents.

Hard to recognise the sentiment from 3 months ago.

Strange.

I like Dele as a footballer, but as a human being, I wouldn't want to be locked in an elevator with him.

I'd imagine out of all our players he'd make the biggest fuss if he wanted to leave. Which i think he will next year.

I got loads of neg reps on my post match comment today for calling out the moaners for their negativity and overreaction. When you click to see who they're from, it's all the usual moaner suspects (and Arcspace :pochlol:). They're like a cancer, slowing taking over the match and transfer threads with their endless whining. The interesting thing is that they're the ones who are in every match thread for the duration of the game. So what does that tell you? Tells me that that same people who are doing the endless moaning are also those who also don't go to games. It's doubly annoying.

I was so angry with the negativity earlier. Three games into the season and these toxic cunts are poisoning fandom - and almost immediately after our best ever Premier League finished as well. No sense of balance or rationality. Just the usual "not good enough" bellyaching.

Can we sin bin this cunt please.

All he does is talk about himself. Considering he doesn't like these "negative posters", he won't shut the fuck up about them.

Can we sin bin this cunt please.

All he does is talk about himself. Considering he doesn't like these "negative posters", he won't shut the fuck up about them.
Yes, I'm talking about myself. :rolleyes:

No, I am talking about the likes of you and others. Those who claim to be supporters but do nothing but moan - and don't pretend you're not one of them. You've been called out many times in the match threads for your perpetual negativity. Why is it all the moaners like you are also ones who never go to games?

I'm not Livid with Trippier. He does his best and is a good squad player. I'm more angry with a transfer policy that trousers 50 million bucks while leaving our squad short for the opening 3 games.
Fair enough, but like I said if we had won 5-1 like we should have if Kane and Eriksen took their chances, you wouldnot be angry with anything...

Trippier made one costly mistake....how many did Kane make?

Fair enough, but like I said if we had won 5-1 like we should have if Kane and Eriksen took their chances, you wouldnot be angry with anything...

Trippier made one costly mistake....how many did Kane make?

But mate, in tbat regard play or put on Walker-Peters at least and especially if Trippier had that poor a game.

I am simply disappointed that a club who last season were the envy of nearly all seems to have done nothing to build on that strength.

Impossible to recognise and an undercurrent of disenchatment. It is why I said Rose did more harm than Walker by his comments. Real treachery.

My view is that if Pochettino is here next season 2 or 3 of our players won't be.

And the next 4 days are really massive for the club, a club that has been more intent on selling than buying in this critical season.

Last edited:
That's been said for a while, but it's easy to say but hard to resolve. Chavs have Hazard and Liverpool have Mane with their pace, dribbling and control, getting a player like that who can turn a game and makes opposition defenses fall back 5-10 yards isn't easy.
Agree. This type of ready made players are out of our reach. We can only buy young potentials and nurture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom