Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm ' . Can you just clarify your position. So I can decide wether to agree or disagree.
Well he's not a bad striker to have: capable and young. He also has scope for improvement if he gains experience in cup games and lower premier league matches. He has pace which so many people want and who knows? If he improves he could be quite a good option of the bench (he's played as a winger for Liverpool sometimes).
By not being the calibre we should be aiming for I mean I think we should be looking to bring in a quality 'finished product' who can really improve the team from day one. He is more someone to improve.

Last edited:
Ok bollocks to it. I know my Spurs and I know what we really should do.

Aurier right back back to the bench for Trippier.

Get Rose back ASAP but bring Sessegnon in with a view to loan him back to Fulham potentially in January when Rose is back in the swing of things. Safeguard that attacking outlet our gameplay drastically needs our full backs to implement. Davies same as Trippier just back up albeit reliable. Sell both Trippier and Davies next summer to WBA or the pikeys. KWP then ready to be understudy to Aurier - bosh

Barkley in for options in midfield. With 3 at the back I'd play him alongside Dembele for a more attack minded midfield. Without Dembele our CM doesn't have legs, very worrying. Dier and Wanyama along with Winks for options as every genuinely good team should have (cough cough, Sissoko and Janssen)

Foyth as he's stylish and protects our future regarding Toby and Jan

Seri or Lemar. Someone who drives with the ball! just got for it Levy as no matter how much I like him, Son is for me a bench player only. Just my opinion purely because teams will drop deep against us and he just doesn't do it for me unless an impact player (sorry Sonny, much love though)

A shit hot young Striker, big strong and mobile - Origi would be a dark horse as an option. Poch doesn't rate Janssen, he isn't mobile enough. Sell, wish him the best and get someone proper in as Kane needs a plan B as do the team collectively.

Back him or we take really unnecessary steps back Levy. Aurier, Sessegnon, Foyth, Barkley,Seri/Lemar, young bruiser striker (I'll leave this one to our scouting team)

6 players is all I ask ;) (SIX!!!!) Thanking you in advance Mr Chairman, Park Lane Mark Twain :)

As much as anyone can make a rumour up on Twitter..

Origi would have been perfect for today. Pace off of Kane, and the ability to run in behind. Kane and Janssen are to alike in the aspect of no pace.

He's a bit of a Welbeck from the games I have seen him, yeh pace but can be also quite useless. Then again we probably are going to be scrapping the barrel as per usual as deadline day approaches so why not.

:harryhmm:

As much as anyone can make a rumour up on Twitter..

Origi would have been perfect for today. Pace off of Kane, and the ability to run in behind. Kane and Janssen are to alike in the aspect of no pace.
Six weeks ago and I'd have cunted off Origi as a backward step.
We've now reached the stage where I'd probably be delighted to see him sign for us.
The Moussa Sissoko Paradox.

That ball control, dribbling game changer was needed long before Sissoko arrived. When Bale left a player with the traits above should have been bought in to replace him. Instead, we spent £47m on Lamela and Paulinho neither of whom fit the criteria. Four years down the line were still talking about the player we need but haven't got.
This is exactly what I felt as well. We need that kind of player who makes the defense nervous because they take on them with power and speed, while also having good dribbling skills. Of the options in the market, I think Draxler would be a really good fit.

Realise I'm probably in the minority but I'd actually fairly happily sell Alli if it meant we could afford Barkley, Martial and Seri?
He's off next summer and his heads gone anyway.

If his heads gone that would be a massive shame and a big let down for the manager.

I wouldn't sell Alli, for that lot or any other batch in all honesty, purely because of the damaging effect it would have on morale and the rest of the team. He has to stay and we need to get Barkley in as well as someone like Seri or Lemar. I don't want Balde, I think he's a bigger wrong'un than our new potential RB.

Get Thomas Lamar in, make him our record signing and go into the season with Aurier, Foyth, Barkley and Lemar (Sessegnon deal agreed for next season)

If we get sancho then I'd be putting him in the squad before sissoko and some other players. He might be 17 but his skillset is something that the senior team doesn't have at this point. So unless poch gets his way and levy pays up for a wing forward i think this signing would prove to be incredibly beneficial in the short term as well.

If his heads gone that would be a massive shame and a big let down for the manager.

I wouldn't sell Alli, for that lot or any other batch in all honesty, purely because of the damaging effect it would have on morale and the rest of the team. He has to stay and we need to get Barkley in as well as someone like Seri or Lemar. I don't want Balde, I think he's a bigger wrong'un than our new potential RB.

Get Thomas Lamar in, make him our record signing and go into the season with Aurier, Foyth, Barkley and Lemar (Sessegnon deal agreed for next season)
You're right about it being damaging to the dressing room but do you not think his heads gone?
I thought his celebration today (or lack of) was quite telling.

You're right about it being damaging to the dressing room but do you not think his heads gone?
I thought his celebration (or lack of) was quite telling.

Even if it has, he has to stay, simple as that. We'll still get top dollar next year and it will give us a year to study the market properly (like we should have last year) to find the right replacements.

It would be a shame if he left. Dele is truly unique

I just took a look at the SPURS community forum. The ITK discussion thread is heavily linking us with a move for Christian Benteke. It isn't being received with much enthusiasm though
I think that rumour was started by ITKTrev.

I'm reluctant to post his stuff after the Cal debacle, not least because he also predicts Poch will go by Christmas...

...and we could find ourselves oil-fuelled in the not too distant future.

Poch made half these players, now it appears they're turning on him. I couldn't give a fuck if they all left. It seems they're starting to resent the effort he requires and overvaluing their own ability. Such a shame, but predictable enough these days.

Poch made half these players, now it appears they're turning on him. I couldn't give a fuck if they all left. It seems they're starting to resent the effort he requires and overvaluing their own ability. Such a shame, but predictable enough these days.

Not believing any of this shit. Spurs are an easy target for the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom