Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
£50m Walker, £18 Wimmer & £5mn Siggy sell-on (rounded numbers) = £73mn.

£27mn (up front) Sanchez, £23m Aurier & £5m Foyth = £55m.

+£18mn.

Barclay or Gray for £25m and its almost a net sum game. If Levy wants to put his hand in his pocket for the tune of £20m odd on top would be an even better last day war-chest !

We've also sold Bentaleb for £17m, Fazio and N'Jie as well this Summer.

We've sold Wimmer and Walker for £68,000,000 and signed their replacements Aurier and Sanchez for £62,000,000.

:levywhoa:
tenor.gif

To be honest, I really couldn't care less if we end up with a net deficit or profit when it comes to transfers this Summer. All that matters is coming to the conclusion that we are in a better position at the end of the window than we were at the beginning and any issues we had last season have been addressed. Sure, we've lost Walker but if we get Aurier I'd say we're fine there. The fact that Levy has managed to get a £25m+ profit on that swap shouldn't be a stick to beat him with.

I still want a versatile forward who can play play behind the striker, or as the striker. If we get someone like that I think we'll have had a very good window.

So its looking like:

In:
Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth, Gazzaniga, +1/2 (maybe)

Out:
Walker, Wimmer, Sissoko/Janssen (maybe), and a bunch of other dudes that were on loan and stuff who cares.

If we top this off by selling Sissoko, and bringing in a PACEY WINGER or some additional creativity in the midfield (not to mention Lamela), then everyone on here better be sucking Levy's balls off, because I think that is more than a solid window.

No one can argue we have a weaker squad than last year now.

We've only sold Walker as a main player from last season. Once we've signed Aurier we've replaced him with someone who a lot of people are saying is better than Walker. We've also signed one of the best young CBs in world football. How do you work out that we're weaker?

£50m Walker, £18 Wimmer & £5mn Siggy sell-on (rounded numbers) = £73mn.

£27mn (up front) Sanchez, £23m Aurier & £5m Foyth = £55m.

+£18mn.

Barclay or Gray for £25m and its almost a net sum game. If Levy wants to put his hand in his pocket for the tune of £20m odd on top would be an even better last day war-chest !
Barkley and Gray?
Sessegson and Mahrez also in mix!

Barkley and Gray?

Gray will go for silly money, if at all, and Barkley might be a winter Window one if his injury is real. Barkley is most likely, but I have a feeling Everton are going to lose out on big money for a player they can't use anyway

No one can argue we have a weaker squad than last year now.

We've only sold Walker as a main player from last season. Once we've signed Aurier we've replaced him with someone who a lot of people are saying is better than Walker. We've also signed one of the best young CBs in world football. How do you work out that we're weaker?

1) I think you both are in agreement (squad is better), but it reads like you aren't? I get it, the board has been a bit of a cunt off lately - let's not make up shit to yell at each other about :)
2) I'm sure some people will say the squad is weaker, because, ya know, reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom