Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people aren't interested in Origi, I'd love to have him in the squad. He's much different to Kane which is exactly what we need coming off the bench.

I don't think it's necessarily that they're not fans of Origi. From my perspective though, I think we could/should get someone better than him, that's all.

I think overall the squad with the transfers we have done is better than last year. But the question to ask is, how much have we improved and have we done all we can to improve our squad to it's maximum potential? And to me the answer is no. We are still short of a decent options from the bench because Janssen and Sissoko are not good enough compared to our starting 11.

Also worth pondering is how much the other teams like city, liverpool and united have improved and if they have overtaken us with their transfers. We shall see at the end of the season, but to me, I think the board had a chance to make a statement this transfer window and they have underdelivered again, even though overall we might be better than last season.
If we get someone like Mahrez the window will by near perfect realistically. But if we dun bring in anymore I feel at least our defence stands good against the strengthened offensive lines of Man C, U, Woolwich, Liverpool and Chelsea. (Toby vs Morata one-on-one the other day made me sweat and realised Toby (or even Jan) could struggle if challenged for pace).

Against their defences we always stand a chance.

maxresdefault.jpg

Just read that the dippers don't want to sell Origi. Thank fuck for that.

Is Mahrez still in the mix? And what about Celtic's Dembele? I reckon the 'tic are up for selling him for the right price.

No one can argue we have a weaker squad than last year now.
1.We don't know when or if Rose will be back.
2. You can't guarantee Sanches and Sergi will perform from day 1. We signed 4 players last season and only 1 did.
3. Our competitors have improved their squad so the argument has to be relative to theirs.
4. We had good team last season with excellent performances and results but we didn't win anything. Therefore, we need to improve the squad to win a trophy.
5. We have taken care of the defence but not the attack. Janssen and Sissoko weren't good enough last season is a fact. We don't know what is the attacking side is going to be this season.

1.We don't know when or if Rose will be back.
2. You can't guarantee Sanches and Sergi will perform from day 1. We signed 4 players last season and only 1 did.
3. Our competitors have improved their squad so the argument has to be relative to theirs.
4. We had good team last season with excellent performances and results but we didn't win anything. Therefore, we need to improve the squad to win a trophy.
5. We have taken care of the defence but not the attack. Janssen and Sissoko weren't good enough last season is a fact. We don't know what is the attacking side is going to be this season.
Davinson Sanchez is better than Kevin Wimmer.
Serge Aurier is better than Kyle Walker.

Our squad is better than last year.

The argument is relative to no-one but Spurs.

I don't think I even considered comparing them. Adebayor was our 1st choice striker at the time.

What's that got to do with the price of fish anyway?
Saying overseas players with no premiership experience are better than experienced premier league players is a bit of a leap of faith.

Davinson Sanchez is better than Kevin Wimmer.
Serge Aurier is better than Kyle Walker.

Our squad is better than last year.

The argument is relative to no-one but Spurs.
1. The 2 new signings have to prove their value first.
2. If Spurs is playing in the SPL then we don't need to sign £20m plus players and we will win lots of trophies. it's relevant as you have to look around you.
3. With Rose missing, you can't say our squad is better.
4. The attacking players on the bench has to improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom