Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) I think you both are in agreement (squad is better), but it reads like you aren't? I get it, the board has been a bit of a cunt off lately - let's not make up shit to yell at each other about :)
2) I'm sure some people will say the squad is weaker, because, ya know, reasons.
Because they need fucking glasses!

1) I think you both are in agreement (squad is better), but it reads like you aren't? I get it, the board has been a bit of a cunt off lately - let's not make up shit to yell at each other about :)
2) I'm sure some people will say the squad is weaker, because, ya know, reasons.

Nah it's my fault, I just mis-read his post, that's all.

I misread it at first as well!

Now if only we can get this all sorted out quickly and bedded in so we get off to a flyer in Sept...that's when the season starts for real right?

Don't really get the interest in Gray at the cost quoted.

When Mahrez would cost similar. Is alot more proven, something that we need and a match winner.

But I'll back Pochettino with whoever he wants and what we get.

No one can argue we have a weaker squad than last year now.
In what world? Our weakest positions last season were the third CB to play with Toby and Vertonghen and RB where Walker could sometimes lapse in concentration and be a bit inconsistent.. he wasn't really bad but if a replacement player came along we'd have taken it no?
We've now bought a fantastic young CB to play with Toby and an arguably better and younger RB whilst simultaneously freeing up funds to improve the attack... not to mention a third Gk who is the envy of the entire league :levywhoa:
Edit - I misread your post but I argued my point fantastically so I'm not deleting it:levystare:

I am alot happier than I was a few hours ago. So I will like to go on write something happy...

We were uncomfortable playing Liverpool last season and they are one of those teams th worried The defence at least appears strengthened compared to last season
So its looking like:

In:
Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth, Gazzaniga, +1/2 (maybe)

Out:
Walker, Wimmer, Sissoko/Janssen (maybe), and a bunch of other dudes that were on loan and stuff who cares.

If we top this off by selling Sissoko, and bringing in a PACEY WINGER or some additional creativity in the midfield (not to mention Lamela), then everyone on here better be sucking Levy's balls off, because I think that is more than a solid window.
Levy's buy young (despite many "google" players) policy has seen us progressed. Low wage (relative to established ones), high sell-on upside have allowed us to balance our books over the years. Fulfilled potential fine, if not sell at profit.

Mate, quite in fact, am already on my knees in front of Levy...

I think overall the squad with the transfers we have done is better than last year. But the question to ask is, how much have we improved and have we done all we can to improve our squad to it's maximum potential? And to me the answer is no. We are still short of a decent options from the bench because Janssen and Sissoko are not good enough compared to our starting 11.

Also worth pondering is how much the other teams like city, liverpool and united have improved and if they have overtaken us with their transfers. We shall see at the end of the season, but to me, I think the board had a chance to make a statement this transfer window and they have underdelivered again, even though overall we might be better than last season.

Apparently Origi's dad (ex pro footballer) has said in the Belgian press that his son needs to go to Spurs if he really wants to achieve his potential. Versatile, fast and pretty experienced player

Still don't think scouse will let him go to us, they rather dump him in france or italy where he can't hound them afterwards

We've only sold Walker as a main player from last season. Once we've signed Aurier we've replaced him with someone who a lot of people are saying is better than Walker. We've also signed one of the best young CBs in world football. How do you work out that we're weaker?

In what world? Our weakest positions last season were the third CB to play with Toby and Vertonghen and RB where Walker could sometimes lapse in concentration and be a bit inconsistent.. he wasn't really bad but if a replacement player came along we'd have taken it no?
We've now bought a fantastic young CB to play with Toby and an arguably better and younger RB whilst simultaneously freeing up funds to improve the attack... not to mention a third Gk who is the envy of the entire league :levywhoa:
Edit - I misread your post but I argued my point fantastically so I'm not deleting it:levystare:
I'm starting to feel my post is the problem here.

Not sure why people aren't interested in Origi, I'd love to have him in the squad. He's much different to Kane which is exactly what we need coming off the bench.

Don Giovanni Don Giovanni stop kissing me. I'm not interested.

Dave-Chappelle-Pushes-Girl-Out-of-the-Way-In-Club.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom